PDA

View Full Version : waxoyl

Danno
04-05-2008, 12:53
thinking of waxoyling my clio, was just wondering if anyone can give me a few directions as what's best to do or is there a link to a guide. . .?

I know about the inside of doors etc. but i want to do a proper job the 1st time around. . . . .

cheers

MAXIBOY
04-05-2008, 13:08
rear box sections rear quarters sills front box section doors tailgate bonnet a pilllars b pillars c pillars etc...

Danno
04-05-2008, 13:21
rear box sections rear quarters sills front box section doors tailgate bonnet a pilllars b pillars c pillars etc...

can you be a bit more descriptive please :oops: :P

talkingfish
04-05-2008, 16:25
pay someone to do it proffessionally - it's a right messy job

MAXIBOY
04-05-2008, 16:35
its easy enough to do with the right kit.

remove all the interior plastic trims and get the kit from halfords with the tube extension.

fit this to the pump then stand the waxoyl containing in a bucket and surround with boiling water. then spray the waxoyl inside all the areas you can reach. its suggest drilling holes but i found theres enough holes there to access most sections of the car without drilling.

i did all chassis sections theres three sets really. front chassis section along the engine bay middle under the front floor and rear from the fuel tank back to the rear valance. most other section car be done from inside the car once the trims removed. basically try to coat every area where there is a section that has a interior surface you can,t see.

apart from that spray all the under neath surfaces with a waxoyl based stone chip unto sill level.

once finished make sure you go around all clear all the drain holes back out...

Danno
04-05-2008, 19:22
thanks