PDA

View Full Version : engine vibration

bruce_rob
02-05-2008, 22:33
hi guys was on my way home tonight wen something fell off the bottom of my car, not sure wat it was, all of a sudden i was getting loads of vibration from the front left of the car. wen i drive its fine but wen i let off it start vibrating. could it be a engine mount has gone, or a brace? has any one got any ideas. i will have a good look at it in the morning.
just though i would ask i not had the car very long and not worked on one before. is there any mounts that tend to go etc

cheers guys

richy
02-05-2008, 23:09
check the gearbox mount hasnt snapped and the gearbox is sat on the subframe!

bruce_rob
03-05-2008, 00:00
will do mate cheers is this mount located under the batterie

Wobba
03-05-2008, 09:53
will do mate cheers is this mount located under the batterie

Yes, under the battery seating platform thing.

Allan
03-05-2008, 10:51
i would also check your drive shafts, similar problem with worn shafts...

samboRT
03-05-2008, 11:01
Wheel bearing could have self destructed.

bruce_rob
03-05-2008, 17:16
was the gear box mount i am running a megane box so the mount has been tapped and gound off to fit. so cant just get a replacement from the breakers yard. i did get another bracket for the car but i need to either get it ground to the rite angel and tapped or ground and a longer bolt made and stick a nut on it wat do you guys think

eternalife
04-05-2008, 02:13
If you are looking for a bespoke type Dogbone, have a look at the one Coops' was making and selling. Might be an option,

Although do take note, in regards to what Coops mentions inregards to increased vibration, possible more wearing of other mounts etc.