PDA

View Full Version : A bad day

spikey-ben
01-05-2008, 18:53
As some of you know im new to owning a willams and have baught 0289 as a bit of a project. Well everthing was going well for me and the willy till today.
I have been experiencing gear selection problems and diagnosed the fault to be the dog bone mount with the help of some peeps on this forum. Not a major problem i thought and orderd some powerflex bushes and while i was ordering i also got the bottom arm bushes and anti roll bar ones.
This was great until i started to work on it today, i managed to tear part of the inner arch metal where the brace from the bottom arm bolt to car body mounts on. Snapped my dog bone mount on a 20ton press and reliesed the bottom arms are to corroded to do anything with.
I know its nowt major but somtimes it seems life really likes testing your stress limits.
Well thats my rant over with, jobs for tomorrow is ring renno, be shocked how much parts are, and then sulk.
Cheers Ben :(

wavy
01-05-2008, 19:20
its not just williams mate honest
in the 1st few months i had probs with mine
got it sorted and its not skipped a beat in 2 years
used daily they are reliable

good luck getting it sorted out its worth it in the end :)

Daz.
02-05-2008, 08:43
Fix what others haven't, do it right the first time round and they're as reliable as any other car can be - Any car thats badly treated will fail at some point or another...

I love the fact I can do anything in mine without wondering for a second if its gonna break down on me.

16v_paddy
02-05-2008, 10:23
Welcome to the joy of French (rusting heap of sh1t :lol: ) car ownership

Fix it then go thrash fcuk out of it as punishment :D

These cars are like good women, they p1ss you off soo much but u still love em and there's nothin like raggin the pants off em as often as possible :D

Wobba
02-05-2008, 10:45
theres a LOT of people here who can sympathise with you, me for one!

Dont worry mate, just done let it get you down and if things are bad leave it, walk away, come chat to us and things will not seem as hard as you may think!

Don't go to Renault for parts. You will be down the Insolvency office within the month if you do.

Coops
02-05-2008, 12:19
both i've owned blown head gaskets in first 2 months of ownership, its part of their charm :wink:

Wobba
02-05-2008, 12:22
both i've owned blown head gaskets in first 2 months of ownership, its part of their charm :wink:

I lasted 5 weeks before mine blew :)

Daz.
02-05-2008, 13:31
Don't go to Renault for parts. You will be down the Insolvency office within the month if you do.

Now I disagree with that - its the reason they break sometimes because people have avoided genine parts (and sometimes prices)

I think they're very reasonable most of the time! especially with the important bits...

But yeh when they're charging £140 odd quid for a new scuttle thats a bit of a piss take! :lol:

Wobba
02-05-2008, 13:36

Now I disagree with that - its the reason they break sometimes because people have avoided genine parts (and sometimes prices)

I think they're very reasonable most of the time! especially with the important bits...

But yeh when they're charging £140 odd quid for a new scuttle thats a bit of a piss take! :lol:

I should have said for stuff thats equally good from elsewhere, and yes, some things are fine.

spikey-ben
02-05-2008, 19:27
Yeah i went back to work on it today and still cant shift the track rod ends out of the steering rack even with blow torch on it. But i am determined not to let it get me down as i love driving the little thing and thats all that matters :)