PDA

View Full Version : the worst thing that could happen happened

wavy
01-05-2008, 13:03
well after getting my willy back from the body shop after having a rear arch fitted i was well happy with the car
it had had new bumpers and plastics all round new lights n indicators bonnet and wing it was looking mint :)

iv only feckin crashed it :(

this happened 2 weeks ago and iv been tryin to sort it out with insurance again
but today the car is being dropped off un repaired :(
i am starting to look out for bits and me and my friend are gonna do what we can then pass it on to another bodyshop to repaint front end

im so angry with myself :( i was looking forward to you guys seeing it this year at fcs and rws
with a bit of luck i might still be able to make the shows ??

dave

MatrixGuy
01-05-2008, 13:09
Shvt!!!

Really sorry to hear mate, you must be gutted :cry: :shock:

white16valver
01-05-2008, 13:12
Bugger :(

If your avatar is anything to go by, 13 really is unlucky for some!

Hope you can get it sorted :)

And, I'm not preaching, merely suggesting, spend an extra 80-odd quid and get yourself enrolled into the local Institute of Advanced Motorists group so you can hopefully avoid any future slip ups! :)

Happens to the best of us though :(

wavy
01-05-2008, 13:23
i know what you mean about getting advanced driving course but in 20 years of driving this year is the 1st time iv ever been involved in any sort of accident or claim :(

the good news is iv just sourced all the parts i need to get it repaired :) thanks stan :)

all i gotta do now is go pick them up and get cracking on the repairs :( then spray shop

Coops
01-05-2008, 13:39
sorry to hear this mate

can i ask what happened? or would you rather let sleeping dogs lie.

hope u get it all sorted for the summer

wavy
01-05-2008, 14:04
long story cut short
at a small round about
an artic truck decided to come on the wrong side of the road around a bollard
the bloke in a seat brava in front of me locked up and skidded into the kerb which stopped him dead and i hit him up the arse
we had just set off so was only low speeds

the police was called but because the truck didnt make contact with the seat he wasnt actually involved in an accident and was aparently given a verbal warning but for going round the bollard on the wrong side of the road
it was for leaving the scene
his excuse for going on wrong side of the road was to avoid causing an accident for the upcoming tight left corner he had to do ???

end of the day its down to me for hittin him up the arse
i was just glad him and his child was fine
even the bloke was gutted about my car lol said it looked mint

northy
01-05-2008, 14:35
gutted mate - if u need a hand let me know

is it a cat d or a c now ?

wavy
01-05-2008, 14:42
oh my god NOOOOO

2 days ago i agreed to take a cash settlement and keep the car with no marks against it
its called payment in lou ?? (spelling?)

they have just rang and said they have made a mistake and can no longer allow this to happen ? :(
so **** know s whats gonna happen now ?

AndyFielder
01-05-2008, 14:59
Bugger :(

If your avatar is anything to go by, 13 really is unlucky for some!

Hope you can get it sorted :)

And, I'm not preaching, merely suggesting, spend an extra 80-odd quid and get yourself enrolled into the local Institute of Advanced Motorists group so you can hopefully avoid any future slip ups! :)

Happens to the best of us though :(

I would agree with this... they loved my clio when i was getting examined... had to strap him into the harnesses!

simonr85
01-05-2008, 15:05
How long have you had #13? i know someone who has been in your car :lol:

wavy
01-05-2008, 15:16
How long have you had #13? i know someone who has been in your car :lol:

iv had it just over 2 years :)

good news again its back on

i have to send off a proformer invoice for the repairs and they will release the cash to me :) afaik the car is on its way to me today

its not been wrote off or any marks against it

DirtyDownSouth
01-05-2008, 15:18
Absoloutly gutted for u mate !

I know how u feel though i had a few niggly part's go wrong with my valver not so long ago and then a week after sorting them out i done exactly the same and went into the back of some ! :(

Grrrr hope u get it sorted dude !

Daz.
01-05-2008, 16:32
Bloody hell mate I thought I had bad luck with mine! maybe that number really is cursed!

white16valver
01-05-2008, 18:10
i know what you mean about getting advanced driving course but in 20 years of driving this year is the 1st time iv ever been involved in any sort of accident or claim :(
Never too late to start ;)

You'd be surprised at how much better you can get!

cliolord
01-05-2008, 18:32
Good lad :P save the williams!

northy
02-05-2008, 08:02
get it back in that same body shop dave....they did a great job!

white16valver
02-05-2008, 08:30
Though they will laugh at you... LoL

Daz.
02-05-2008, 13:23
Though they will laugh at you... LoL

:rofl: