PDA

View Full Version : Car sounds slightly whiny

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 09:41
Nick did you notice this when you drove it?

Im sure its a bit whiny, especially at low speeds (when obviously you can hear it because of lower engine noise).

Had a problem selecting 1st and 5th but that has gone away now, and as my gearbox was bad after the new clutch and is getting better, i put it down to miss alignment / clutch needing bedding.

My car does have 144000 miles on it, but having said that the engine had very little wear, so probably hasnt been ragged.

If its not gearbox could it be something else like a drive shaft? Any tests i can do to locate any problems?

Its not a bad whine. Almost unoticable except to a Williams geek like me.

J o n
17-06-2005, 09:58
hmmm, Mehdi thought his box was ready to blow up the other day due to a whining noise. drive it to the point it whines and take it out of gear and rev in neutral to the same rmp the noise was present.

Slithers
17-06-2005, 15:47
Nick did you notice this when you drove it?

Im sure its a bit whiny, especially at low speeds (when obviously you can hear it because of lower engine noise).

Had a problem selecting 1st and 5th but that has gone away now, and as my gearbox was bad after the new clutch and is getting better, i put it down to miss alignment / clutch needing bedding.

My car does have 144000 miles on it, but having said that the engine had very little wear, so probably hasnt been ragged.

If its not gearbox could it be something else like a drive shaft? Any tests i can do to locate any problems?

Its not a bad whine. Almost unoticable except to a Williams geek like me.

Sounds completely ****ed to me, best sell it to me on the cheap for about £200.00, before it really eats into your finances.

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 15:48
8)