PDA

View Full Version : Quick wishbone/arb question:

Wobba
30-04-2008, 10:26
Changing wishbones soon with new balljoint and bushes. Seeing as I have to take the outer ARB bits off, is it worth uprating the outer arb bushes...bearing in mind I wont be doing the inner bushes...?

Thanks!

samboRT
30-04-2008, 12:05
might aswell while you are at it!

MicKPM
30-04-2008, 13:32
STOP!!!!

Now, go here: BuyPartsBuy (http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/wishbone_display.php?txtmodel=Clio&Submit=Next&txtmake=RENAULT)

You want parts CDSA269S & CDSA268S. £12.82 each plus VAT and postage. They come ready to fit with new Inner bushes and new Ball Joints ;)

Mick

MicKPM
30-04-2008, 13:34
Just in case you were thinking about going elsewhere for the wishbones ;)

Wobba
30-04-2008, 13:41
Just in case you were thinking about going elsewhere for the wishbones ;)

Thats a bloody good deal there Mick! I've actually already got my wishbones, had em for months but been so busy with fixing the engine that I've left them off till now :D

Got some polybushes today: http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4827

Will fit soon! As said, may as well fit em while their off!

Foley
30-04-2008, 19:36
Sorry to hijack topic but i have just got 2 new wishbones from gsf and ive gone to fit my set of poly bushes and the metal outer sleeve wont fit !! Do the gsf wishbones not fit valvers or am i doing something wrong ?

MAXIBOY
30-04-2008, 20:40
what car you running what wishbones are the poly bushes for the same car...

Lunner
30-04-2008, 20:42
you need to press the metal sleeve in, or hammer it in, its a tight fit tho

Foley
30-04-2008, 21:05
what car you running what wishbones are the poly bushes for the same car...

Ive got a mk1 rsi clio , acording to another topic the wish bones are the same as a valver and the polybushes are also for a valver (brought them off coops ) ! The outer sleeve is the same diameter as the one on the wishbones ! Do i have to remove the outer ring on the wishbone or are they the wrong wishbones / bushes ?

MAXIBOY
30-04-2008, 21:49
chat with coops as i think there was something about some sleeves being to big....

if there the same size then maybe you have to remove the ring but i wouldn't think so.. i though they were meant to go inside..

samboRT
30-04-2008, 23:38
On the wishbones, if you are fitting new polybushes... you have to remove the outer ring on the old ones too.

Get a hacksaw, put the wishbone in a vice and cut a line until you go through it. Then hamer it inwards to fold it, then push it out.

The new ones are a tigght fit, you will need to press them in with a vice then tack weld them in place.

Sam

Coops
01-05-2008, 07:24
old outer rings have to be removed aswell mate, so its just a bare wishbone

i left the old bushes in one piece and used a vice and a massive mallet, smacked them out in one piece, but they were new wishbones so was easy

then used same equiptment to fit new outer sleeves, vice and hammer, and a block of wood 8)

MattyH16valver
01-05-2008, 12:25
I'm getting me some of them for that price! Do they do any track rods too? I can't see any? 8)

Wobba
01-05-2008, 14:53
Well, I got my polybushes today, along with some special wiring loom tidy stuff.

No doubt I'll be cursing and blinding when I try and put them on this weekend, and I'll be posting allll about it here so you can share my pain :)

alex_blue16v
01-05-2008, 14:54
did you get inner anti roll bar bushes dude, i did mine last night and they were an absolute c**t even with the subframe off the car!

i got em in the end though :D

Wobba
01-05-2008, 14:58
did you get inner anti roll bar bushes dude, i did mine last night and they were an absolute c**t even with the subframe off the car!

i got em in the end though :D

Noes, not got the inner ones yet. This month I am skint already thanks to overspending (in the Clio as usual!), so I just have the outer ones for now, and new wishbones etc. I just know it's going to be a pain in the arse!

Foley
01-05-2008, 15:01
ok i have removed the bushes out of the new wishbones and ive gone to fit the poly ones in but the outer sleeve in the kit is the same size as the hole for the bushes to go in !!!! What is wrong and does anybody have a piccy of them fitted ?

alex_blue16v
01-05-2008, 15:10
fair enough, inner ones werent too bad for me just a bid fiddley.

foley i will have a look for my camera lead tonight as i took some photos of mine as i was doin them.

Foley
01-05-2008, 15:11
fair enough, inner ones werent too bad for me just a bid fiddley.

foley i will have a look for my camera lead tonight as i took some photos of mine as i was doin them.

Cheers dude will help out big time !