PDA

View Full Version : Turbo conversion

simonr85
30-04-2008, 09:32
Ive done a search and as far as i can see the following parts are needed to turbo the F7R:(have i missed any?)

T28 Turbo (is this off a 200sx?)
Turbo Manifold
Turbo Down pipe
Decat
T21 MAP Sensor
R21 Injectors (cleaned Sept 07)
ECU
WOSSNER forged Pistons
New rings?
Charge Cooler + Radiator + Pipe work
All hoses needed
Dump Valve
Oil cooler + Sandwich Plate + Pipe work
Boost Gauge

Now which bits of the above need to be bought brand new? and which will be ok second hand as i want to start buying a few bits and bobs?

If a standard F7R and F7P were both turbo'd to the same spec, which would be quicker? would it be the F7P? as ive noticed loads more people doinfg the turbo on them rather than the willy engine.

AndyFielder
30-04-2008, 11:36
I have an oil cooler and sandwich plate etc if you need one?

stan
30-04-2008, 16:53
2.0 theoretically would be better as it has a considerably longer stroke.

Wossner pistons come with rings. I can supply a piston kit to lower C/R to 8.5:1 for £475.
Ive got a set here which have done only 250 miles, they show no wear, i may sell those if this hybrid ive got for sale actually sells soon (back up plan is turbo it).

stuff like map sensor etc is fine second hand, though i would get injectors cleaned.

MAXIBOY
30-04-2008, 18:12
but the 1.8 revs much better which is ideal for turbo cars in my opinion.

all parts could be used parts as long as there in good condition.

lewis_willy2
30-04-2008, 19:40
ive got a boost gauge for sale??

Justin..
30-04-2008, 22:14
im tourboing an F7R but think people do F7P's because theyre more eaily available

MAXIBOY
30-04-2008, 22:21
i had the choice of either went F7P because the smaller stroke square configuration is better as a turbo engine in my opinion...

but either will be good.

and as above F7P's are cheap but all parts are the same after that. so pays you money takes your choice...

plus you have a better rev limit with the F7P once modded..

MAXIBOY
30-04-2008, 22:29
Ive done a search and as far as i can see the following parts are needed to turbo the F7R:(have i missed any?)

T28 Turbo (is this off a 200sx?) yes and a few others can you a T3 also
Turbo Manifold either bb or tubular
Turbo Down pipe bb or custom made
Decat loads about
T21 MAP Sensor think this can be found on vauxshalls too
R21 Injectors (cleaned Sept 07) or volvo.
ECU chip upgrade or stand alone
WOSSNER forged Pistons can be forged/cast lots of types
New rings? supplied with pistons if new as are gudgeon pins
Charge Cooler + Radiator + Pipe work or intercooler as there cheaper
All hoses needed e bay do kits cheap
Dump Valve if you want one
Oil cooler + Sandwich Plate + Pipe work yeah good idea
Boost Gauge can be had cheap

answered others below...

simonr85
01-05-2008, 08:42
cheers maxi, knew you would be along with the answers soon, been reading a similar post you have answered on another clio forum

what decat is needed? a special 1 or just a williams decat?

cliolord
01-05-2008, 18:27
i had the choice of either went F7P because the smaller stroke square configuration is better as a turbo engine in my opinion...

but either will be good.

and as above F7P's are cheap but all parts are the same after that. so pays you money takes your choice...

this is true in its standard form. Although modifications to the b/e such as the pistons and rods would allow rpm to reach the 8K marker identical to the F7P :P although I know what your saying. Makes sence to turbo an F7P as the F7R is more manly and too good for a turbine..... just kidding :P :oops:

MAXIBOY
01-05-2008, 22:39

but either will be good.

this is true in its standard form. Although modifications to the b/e such as the pistons and rods would allow rpm to reach the 8K marker identical to the F7P :P although I know what your saying. Makes sence to turbo an F7P as the F7R is more manly and too good for a turbine..... just kidding :P :oops:

i agree with rods and pistons an F7R will run 8,000rpm.....
but with the same mods an F7P will run 9,000 rpm.

but i was meaning the way it revs not just the max. 1.8 spins up a lot faster and thus gets the turbo working quicker....in my opinion... :D