PDA

View Full Version : Interior Spraying

Coops
27-04-2008, 23:35
Right, on the cards is to tart up the interior, which i know a few lads have done recently, sean an bish to name a few :wink:

whats the process for doing it? did you lads bother sand prepping the interior before paint? how many coats, what type of paint and any primer?

how did you do inside of doors etc? overspray onto rubbers or anything? what did you mask off etc?

cheers

Coops

bendee
28-04-2008, 13:47
all i did to mine was strip clean and paint no primer, nothing but paint. and its stayed on its very hard wearing and looks pretty damn good imo for what i did and how long it took. i have bikes and work bags in the back and it dont mark it. good old halfrauds matt black.

samboRT
30-04-2008, 12:11
Hey Coops.

Basically masked everything up that didnt want spraying... removed door rubber and boot rubbers. Masked the outer lip on these.

Used a rough grit to get the majority of the shine off and to take some of the sticky stuff off, then used a finer grit to get rid of all the shine!

Prepped for about 2 days of good hard scrubbing. Then used panel wipe with sticky pads to remove dust/grit left over... hoovered too. DYSON FTW

Then used filler primer, about 4 cans to get a good even coat.

Then used Grey primer about 6 cans to get a good base for the paint.

Then about 10 cans of white LOL...

It is not perfect but more than adequate for what it will be used far, its not a show car :) Concourse FTL

The paint is pretty hard wearing and to finish off we just used a couple of cans of clear laquer. All cans were Halfords 500ml (pants down job).

Hope that helps. Come and see it sometime if you want or can meet up when its on the road.

Sam :wink:

Coops
30-04-2008, 13:00
cheers mate, bloody hell, 20 cans, thats gotta be on for like 100 quid of paint! :lol:

i'll nosey at it at some point yeah if you dont mind, where u at again?

samboRT
30-04-2008, 13:22
Warrington pal :)

Sam

Coops
30-04-2008, 15:01
sound, am back in a couple of weekend vistin the parents, mite have a spare few mins :wink: where bouts wazza side? :P

samboRT
30-04-2008, 15:14
Cool, im from Warrington pal! :)

Coops
30-04-2008, 16:18
:lol: warrignton is a pretty big place mate, where abouts in warrington is what i was gettin at :P

samboRT
30-04-2008, 17:00
oh yeah haha, half asleep.

Penketh. Towards widnes

Coops
30-04-2008, 17:16
yeah i know penkith mate :P

samboRT
30-04-2008, 18:29
cooool :D

Sam

stew
30-04-2008, 18:48
i did mine as sambo has, but after a year or so looked pretty worse for wear.

i used hamerite smooth white this time round. finish is no way as good but much harder wearing.

black would work better tho id imagine.

Lunner
30-04-2008, 19:05
I'm using a spary gun, didn't get the coverage on the primer i wanted, used big tins on the passenger footwell