PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Cobra Bucket Seats......

cliolord
27-04-2008, 18:07
What base frame do I go for....Not that bothered about height but I want to be able to see over the steering wheel! The seats are Cobra Imola S and i would prefer to use the runners to adjust the seats but if this makes it too high then sod it ill remove them too as thats weight damnit :lol: Never fitted a set before in my life so hopeing someone has fitted similar and knows a site to aquire these from. I have also been told to cut out the original mounting points and weld a space frame in place but I dont want to go this far really.

thx lads

seanofnp
28-04-2008, 11:10
Demon tweeks.

they are around £100 iirc, they bolt to your standard runners then the seat bolts to them, very easy and the height position is fine! give them a shout mate.

MAXIBOY
28-04-2008, 19:27
yes same here. made up subframes that bolted to the runners so there adjustable.
best way is as beanie did in his for strength but not being able to adjust then without unbolting is a pain....

cliolord
01-05-2008, 18:23
Cheers Maxiboy think i will pass on the bolted to the floor option :lol:

Sean, I have an option of running either the phase 1 subframes or phase 2. They are slightly different iirc. If i buy side mounts, do i just drill these accordingly? :P

seanofnp
01-05-2008, 19:57
Unsure mate, id imagine so? But all i know is the demon tweeks mounts WILL NOT bolt onto ph2 runners.