PDA

View Full Version : Silenced Decat Questions

Coops
27-04-2008, 10:58
I'm after a silenced decat at the min, i've been offered a janspeed one, but its the same size and shape as the cat itself, and due to my stupid turbo offsetting my exhaust to one side the cat when fitted knocks to buggery, so i'm guessin this would aswell

my question is does any manufacturer make a slimline silenced decat

and also are the slimmer ones any louder than the janspeed type ones?

any advice/experience much appreciated

cheers

Coops

Lunner
27-04-2008, 11:17
you can get a decibel insert which fits into the pipe and reduces airflow slightly, but they only make a few dB difference, Jetex exhausts sell them.

IIRC the k-tec one is just a fatter tube, could make your own with a little jetex box and weld flanges on the ends?

Coops
27-04-2008, 11:25
ktec one look spot on but with delivery am lookin at like 90 quid lol

looked at jetex site, they do universal silencer boxes, could be one thats useful, how long are valver decats? altho tbh with flanges added etc, ktec one would be cheaper more than likely

am gonna check magnex aswell, if thiers is slimline think tweeks mite do them

Lunner
27-04-2008, 11:27
I ahve flanges that fit over a 2.5" jettex exhaust tubing, yours for a few quid, think valver cat is around 340mm......somewhere near that anyways

Coops
27-04-2008, 11:29
cheers man, i'll keep u posted

drsmith1979
27-04-2008, 19:43
silenced de cat is the way to go, if i still had mine then thats what i would do, too noisy for every day driving without one dependent on exhaust choice.