PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want some easy cash?

titcharoony
25-04-2008, 19:41
Have discovered that my drivers side front suspension spring (willy 3) has a piece broken off at the bottom - im snowed under with work at the mo so i really dont have time to get one and fit it. plus my backs a bit strained. Was wondering if anyone had a complete strut n spring - and would be able to fit it for me. Im offering endless tea, cash (to be negotiated ;) ), and a free RAC Renault Tax Disc Holder ;). Also dont want to drive it as im a bit worried about knackering the shock absorber further or the spring popping out completely. Coops reckoned sumone might be up for it off here...

Im based in Epsom, Surrey and am around almost all the time. PM me if ur interested...

schakal
25-04-2008, 19:56
i would if you were not 170 miles away :)
its an hours job tops as well if you have spring compressors .

titcharoony
25-04-2008, 19:58
im going for the whole strut mate - dont have the compressors, and wud prefer to do a whole new strut. bro said he replaced a spring and for what ur doing he said id find it a pain in the arse. plus with those id probably end up hurting myself lol. So am just gona go for a whole new strut. cheers for the offer tho. Ill pay u petrol money....1p a mile?

MatBrown
27-04-2008, 08:58
You will be fine driving it as it is, will not damage anything, 90% of the clios out there have a broken spring at some point that only gets picked up at the mot.
If you can wait till you get back to the mids i will supply and fit one for you.

Mat.

schakal
27-04-2008, 09:36
You will be fine driving it as it is, will not damage anything, 90% of the clios out there have a broken spring at some point that only gets picked up at the mot.
If you can wait till you get back to the mids i will supply and fit one for you.

Mat.

i can believe you just said that :shock: :shock:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/08/pollard_228x337.jpg

titcharoony
27-04-2008, 11:11
theres a guy in epsom who says hes got a pair and can fit um for cost of parts, so cheers matt - if he fails me I might have to rob ur services ;) Weird what you said abot driving it tho, anyone else has insisted that I dont drive it at all until its sorted as it could collapse and id be ****ed...

Lunner
27-04-2008, 11:14
I drove mine for best part of a year, and it was fine, its only half a coil you've lost.....no probs

MatBrown
27-04-2008, 11:24
Exactly, it's not lost that much in the grand scheme of things, will just be a little less tension on the spring but it will not fall out or collapse.

Mat.

Lunner
27-04-2008, 11:56
....not unless you do rally style jumps over hump back bridges lol

rickyquicky
28-04-2008, 12:53
ive been driving with half a spring since i got the car in december! only noticed it when the bottom half dislodged and was rubbing on the tyre!

just cut the bottom half of the spring out and its been fine since, got another one now tho, 8)

(cheers mat)

AndyFielder
28-04-2008, 13:50
I could do the work for you, but i have no williams items to replace with. If you got replacement units, i have spring compressors etc and would love to get another williams on the road again!