PDA

View Full Version : Harness Bar

Lunner
16-06-2005, 20:13
Aimed more at Mark than ayone else.

Anyone know anywhere that could supply and fit one, for under £750.

Mark, how much do you charge?

richy
16-06-2005, 20:34
ive been thinking of making one out of some think rectangular tubing and welding some solid l shape brakes or something to bolt to were the upper rear seat rests or top belt points are? need to look into it more

Lunner
16-06-2005, 20:36
ive been thinking of making one out of some think rectangular tubing and welding some solid l shape brakes or something to bolt to were the upper rear seat rests or top belt points are? need to look into it more

Would be round tubing, something like the sutff they use in roll cages, or scaffold bar, sure mark can sort me one out

richy
16-06-2005, 20:40
only reason i said rectangle bar is because me harness's are bolt in type at back and would need to weld some sort of solid fixing point for them

Lunner
16-06-2005, 20:41
They woudl wrap around the bar....planning on 6 point willans ones

richy
16-06-2005, 20:42
right, i cant afford now more harness's right now spending enough on rest of car lol :)

Mark_Ritchspeed
16-06-2005, 22:23
Lunner. You could get a Safety Devices 6 point cage with an extra cross member (for harnesses) in for under £750.

Fabricating just a bar to take the harnesses wouldnt be too expensive if you didnt want a cage particularly. Will have a look at the Clio tomorrow and see what sort of arrangement could be made up.

y0z2a
16-06-2005, 23:19
LOL at Lunner.

If you go to any rally prep place they will be able to do it at a good price I am sure.

/y0z

Lunner
18-06-2005, 18:05
Will have to have a word at some point Y0z.

Mark - i woudl love a cage, but my insurance company isn't going to let me have one, where as i can have a rear harness bar, becasue they won't have any idea what it does...mihght even tell them its a strut brace

Mark_Ritchspeed
18-06-2005, 18:19
Looking at the mounting points in the rear. The easiest way to mount the bar will be on the top rear seatbelt mountings. At least it can then just be bolted and unbolted enabling the interior to go back in if needs be.

Wouldnt be too much of a problem to fabricate and paint whatever colour was wanted.

Lunner
18-06-2005, 19:43
The ones on the pillar?

All teh ones i've seen in the cup racers etc are around the top of the wheel arch, if it was ok to just bolt in each end, and will still be strong, i can get my welder to fabricate it, unless it needs to be specially strong or something