PDA

View Full Version : valve lifters.Replacement

adam 006
22-04-2008, 08:50
hi i am going to be doing my lifters on the williams this sunday are there any hints tips you guys could give me or even better is there a guide on the site.

many thanks adam

richy
22-04-2008, 18:47
hi i am going to be doing my lifters on the williams this sunday are there any hints tips you guys could give me or even better is there a guide on the site.

many thanks adam

i would prime them first as best you can with a tub of fresh engine oil, there was a guide on how to but tbh i havent got a clue where it is!
basicly submerge the lifter/tappet completly in the oil and you should be able to work the piston in and out untill it starts to get hard to compress, you should see air come out of the hole(s) on the side of the lifter/tappet body.

As you have to remove the cams i would make sure you have a new cambelt/kit(personally) and new rocker gasket and a tube of sealer(locktite etc)

depending how you are doing this, i presume a jack/axle stands etc on drive then i would undo the dogbone mount so when you lift the engine off the top mount you will have more movement without straining the dogbone etc
also a aux belt if you want to do that

adam 006
23-04-2008, 10:23
thanks very helpfull