PDA

View Full Version : Bike Racing Cans

J o n
16-06-2005, 13:38
okay, was speaking to Ben about these briefly last night and want to know the advantages of these over a normal exhaust. Looking at them they are well cool and look far far less restrictive than the usual exhausts... will it be mega bum rape expensive tho? :?

Zollo
16-06-2005, 13:49
Not sure how much it would cost to get one welded on, but an after-market bike can usually costs around £200-£300.

How about a TVR exhaust? May be able to pick up a second hand one?

Zollo
16-06-2005, 13:51
Like this.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Zollo/05-exhaust.jpg

J o n
16-06-2005, 13:55
not keen on the exit on that, I'd want it to be something like the following

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/bike/images/evo_images/3.jpg

2 live
16-06-2005, 14:49
back pressure

can loose loadsa power fittin bike zorsts

J o n
16-06-2005, 19:23
Jon, would it lose back pressure if I dont have the cherry bomb type center tho, i'd be using 2.5 all the way to the can and obviously that would be the backbox in effect?

BenR
17-06-2005, 01:26
back pressure

can loose loadsa power fittin bike zorsts

Thats why you choose the correct one.

Obvioulsy one for a 400 or 600cc bike wont suit, but larger capacity bikes run bores upto 60+mm anyway, so backpressure isnt a problem.

J o n
17-06-2005, 08:07
so what do i need can wise then if i'm to get one, what's suitable? Will Blue Flame know, or will they try and sell me any old crap to get me money? lol

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 08:52
Whats the point in this? Not having a go just interested, never heard of this before.

northy
17-06-2005, 08:53
no they wont do that. they will match the backpressure mate.

Jonny - whats the idea bore and pressure spec jon needs....?

J o n
17-06-2005, 09:27
Whats the point in this? Not having a go just interested, never heard of this before.

just wanted to know more about them and if there are any benifits to be had as i've not seen em on a car before and was told by Ben about em. They look very smart anyway and sound the dogs i'm told.

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 09:31
Ferrari do an accoustically tuned exhaust for the F550 as an optional extra It was on the car at the Evo shoot (that eventually won). Probably the best thing ive ever heard in my life, except the sound of my own voice. :D

J o n
17-06-2005, 09:40
well i'd really like to know what these race can's sound like first, but if the performance is better than a std exhaust i'll be going for one of those... pending price obviously... saw some on the blue flame web site well in excess of £700 :O

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 09:42
Is this for sound or performance?

2 live
17-06-2005, 09:44
lol..bike cans are old hat on cars mate.......just check out most of the quad tailpipe conversions on the chavved sax s.......

another way of thinkin about it..for a pure free flowing zorst ......u want a 3" downpipe(x2) into a 6" centre section lol

get some back pressure in by dropping it down to 4" ctr section

J o n
17-06-2005, 09:52
performance really, mines ****ed, the baffles have gone completely...

i've never seen one on a car tbh Jon, I was speaking to Ben about getting a new exhaust the other night and he mentioned the racing cans as another option. Apparently they sound the dogs on valvers, so should sound just as good on the Willy.

that sounds a bit big :? I'd be Scooby style then, would need a 8" tail pipe! lol

BenR
17-06-2005, 10:47
Backpressure is something you really dont have to worry about, you wont suffer from a problem of having too little, unless they have the cr for months and really go to town.

Bike cans sound good but arent loud because they silence really well. THey dont provide anymore restriction than an other type of baffled straigh through silencer as there is nothing technically in the way, they are generally better made. I only have one centre box and a rear bike can of not huge proportions (silencing material) and it really isnt that loud at all, you can dome to listen to it sometime Jon.

Its just another way to do it, it wont loose performance, but it wont make you 'faster' compared to a typical exhaust.

What i like is that is understated and that a small tailpipe just kinks out from my bumper, nothing fancy.

J o n
17-06-2005, 11:28
deffo mate, when i next come over get yer valver out and take us for a blast in it dood!

Andy
18-06-2005, 08:46
went out for a drive last night mate vts went passed with 6 of these hanging out of his bumper sounded nice

but went no where

but they might be just cheap ones, sounds alot though mate just for a back box dunno will ask bro tonight .... :P

POWARTEK
18-06-2005, 15:10
If u want a racing system try looking into the OMP Group N/A stuff.

Mark_Ritchspeed
18-06-2005, 17:38
Thats what I was going to get for mine, but needed an exhaust asap, which is why I got a Magnex. OMP arent available of the shelf so you need to wait about 4-5 weeks for one.

I really liked the group A OMP system on my old 205 and none of this poncy stainless steel malarky either. Just a black tailpipe.

POWARTEK
18-06-2005, 20:49
exactly mark..........RAW!

BenR
18-06-2005, 22:57
Had one, poo.

Fell apart in 2 months, welded, fell apart agai a month later, welded, then again........only had it a few months, thought **** this and got a stainless system.........the whole thing was rotten.

Sounds raspy as funk and didnt really do anything.

2 live
18-06-2005, 23:18
thing is wi mine....where the collectors are for the 4-1 is always fukkin splitting.....and this with std manifold.

if i go s/s there is a chance that the extra brittleness of teh s/s will cause more probs than it will solve.......hmmmmm

dont fancy bike cans....too much money.too much hassle........probs cause more probs again

£500 for a reno std manifold.....£300 for a s/s one........can get the std one welded up by anyone at any time...but finding a good tig welder thats cheap is hard.......fortunately my mate builds the d/h bikes for stevie peat.......at the orange factory bout 10 mile up the road...so for me a good tig welder isnt a prob........but for some i spose it could be a bit of of a prob

same with systems

go for a mild steel.get 1.2 years later(if that) have to get another......s/s fit and forget....if it breaks its under warrantty.......bike cans........cant say that.....personally id stick wi powerflow....but thats only cos i know the results theyv gained from mine n chris'........fastest williams and fastest cup.......cant argue wi their credentials

BRUN
18-06-2005, 23:56
so is it only me who thinks bike cans on cars look totally SHIT

BenR
19-06-2005, 00:09
Mine looks great as you cant see it, only the pipe exiting the bumper.

I got a spare willy manifold if you want jon.

And my can only cost me £60, harris racing.....pciked it up off a mate, and thought why not...worked out in the end.

2 live
19-06-2005, 00:20
cheers ben.....but ive got 2 willy manifolds n downpipes, and a valver manifold n downpipe..........they in the kitchen at mo...causin grief with the mrs. lol.. lads lovin it tho..somewhere to stick his hands n get filthy lmao

got me s/s manifold comin off mehdi tomoro, and may even invest in a devil one, for comparisons

at the mo tho.......i just break 1...............swap over to the spare, get the broken one welded for next time the 1 thats on breaks lol

BenR
19-06-2005, 00:22
lol, no problems!

jons got vids of the bike cans now, trying to get them hosted

2 live
19-06-2005, 00:24
like brun tho........im not a great fan of the bike cans....they looked ok 5 years ago...until all the saxo chavs started stickin 16 of em under the back bumper

nicest sounding system iv ever had tho......................was on the mini...maniflow big bore lcb, stright thru r5 s/s centre section, coupled to a scimiter gte s/s back box....sounded mint lol...oh how i wish i still had that lol

will be attempting to fit the willy engine into the mini next weekend lol.....shud be fun

J o n
19-06-2005, 00:26
lol, i only was thinking of one tho... dont wanna be greedy :lol:

BenR
19-06-2005, 00:27
true, but i've never seen anybody on the road with them.

I like the small exits, i hate stupid trim tailpipes, twin rounds, all that crap, or even normal magnex ones....look rubbish.

J o n
19-06-2005, 00:35
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=P1000590

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=P1000591

:D

2 live
19-06-2005, 00:38
lol.u wanna get out more mate lol

u also wanna try riding round doncaster/sheffied/london/guildford for a couple nights......then tell me uv never seen em on the road lol

must admit.im not a great fan of huge tailpipes meslf, i wanted a 3" round flush with bumper, but the bastards had jus welded the last one onto the previous customers car, so had to settle for the oval one...which isnt too bad tbh

altho im still fukkin waitin for wez to sort the vids out so i can see the huge flames its sposed to spit out lol :wink: :twisted:

BenR
19-06-2005, 00:39
get out?

whats 'out'?.....i dare not, the daleks might get me.

2 live
19-06-2005, 00:45
be thankful its only the daleks u have to worry about.....the smackheads thugs robbers and general wankers round here are enuff to worry about lol

Martin
19-06-2005, 01:09
Nice vids...