PDA

View Full Version : What Bucket Seats

Jesse16v
18-04-2008, 20:13
Im quite tall at 6ft and its quite cramped in my valver even with the seat adjusted fully back, so was wondering what seats people have put in theirs, i was thinking about leaving the passengers seat normal and just having my side a bucket seat, whats your ideas/opinions? would love to see what people have installed inside their MK1

FATBOY
18-04-2008, 21:01
i think lunner is the man to ask!!! :D

richy
18-04-2008, 21:03
im 6ft 2ish and i have sparco sprint seats in my trackcar(16v hybrid) and can move my seat so far back that a 7ft person could get in lol plus alot lower which helps!

seanofnp
18-04-2008, 21:12
Im 6ft and my Cobra clubman is fine when im giving it some but when on a long journey it isnt much good unless i get the seat right back.

But the clubman doesnt feel wide enough for me esp in the shoulders so ive brought Lunners monacos off him as they look slightly bigger.

evouk
18-04-2008, 23:11
Cobra IMOLAS, can get you a good price if you pm me........ :D

Joel
18-04-2008, 23:37
Recaro's !

get spending though :lol:

Jesse16v
19-04-2008, 00:03
cool i like the look of the monaco's , will i need to get specially made subframes? so i can go backwards and forwards? and i only want one seat! lol maybe someone has a cheap pair going

arj256
19-04-2008, 01:12
Do you have Ph1 seats?
As the Ph2's have a small amount of height adjustment.

I find the standard seating position to high, it is much better with buckets, means you dont have to duck to see the rear view mirror lol.

The Monacos are base mounted so you will have to get some subframes made up. Which bolt onto the exsisting seat mounts so you can still slide backwards and forwards.
There not very comfortable for long distance traveling mind.

Jesse16v
19-04-2008, 01:17
I have a PH2, I just think that they designed the seats to big! i used to have an RSi and the seats were much better, although these ones are more comfortable.

I need a seat thats going to be comfortable as i dont plan on doing to much track action, but need something that holds me in as i think the PH2 seats do that pretty well...so any suggestions?

Ah well if only i was a midget...lol