PDA

View Full Version : Dent door dudes

Daz.
18-04-2008, 08:06
Do they actually work on small dents?

You know the ones on mk1's the little buggers in the crease of the doors..

I know next year I'm swapping the doors and painting them but after all the other work I've had done it would look an awful lot better if your eyes weren't drawn to them!

Lunner
18-04-2008, 08:29
Yeah, there is a company who slide the tool in down the window seal, mate had his scooby done and it was spot on

bendee
18-04-2008, 08:33
thats exactly what i need i have few on the crease and didnt know if they could come out. whats the typical price for having a few removed?

Wobba
18-04-2008, 10:20
who are dent door dudes?

eternalife
18-04-2008, 10:40
Other forums sometimes have de-denting days.

Wobba
18-04-2008, 10:46
Cool. When do we have our dent day? :D

Lunner
18-04-2008, 12:35
Sure they were based around cambridge area, they were at a scooby show, think it cost £50 or something for the whole car, but they did it on a panal by panal basis if you wanted.....can't for the life of me think of the name of the company though

Carole Anne
18-04-2008, 15:00
Shame you are not in York there is a top bloke who says he does whole car for £50.00 although he charges less if not many dents. He is a real perfectionist and if he doesn't do a perfect job in his eyes he doesn't charge or charges less. He gets every single dent, ones you don't even know about. Although if you are anything like me, which I guess from your posts you are, you will know every dent etc like the back of your hand. To be honest ones he thought weren't perfect on ours I thought he had done a pretty damn good job! He does the beemer garages etc.

Main aggravation for me on ours now is the rubbishly refurbed alloys no silver lip :cry:

Carole Anne

Andy P
18-04-2008, 16:48
I used Dent Busters at FCS 06 and they did a great job. Think ill get them to do my drivers do again this year

Daz.
19-04-2008, 13:22
Cool I'll have a look into it then - I've got (seen as we all know our cars lol)

1 little dent on the boot near the lock that only I seem to be able to see!

2 on the passenger door although ironically just under the line of the door

2 on the drivers door, both on the line of the door.

How long does it take do they need it for half a day or something? I quite fancy a day out in york now :wink:

Wobba
19-04-2008, 13:25
I kinda suspecte there would be a dent repair team at FCS, I should be coming along this year with my car and I need a few minor dings patched up!

Carole Anne
19-04-2008, 14:47
Aye, half a day if that. :D

Sure it is not just me but ,I become obssessed with the dents and the other imperfections! it is like the little willy is hurting! maybe I just have issues or its cos I am a girl or both!:roll:

titcharoony
19-04-2008, 15:13
christ ive got little dent all over mine. bloke I bought it off took exceptional care of the engine but the body? well...he let his wife drive it. and trips to shops are deadly at the best of times. what about dents on say the boot? ive one or two litle ones on there. arent they double skinned?

Wobba
19-04-2008, 15:13
Aye, half a day if that. :D

Sure it is not just me but ,I become obssessed with the dents and the other imperfections! it is like the little willy is hurting! maybe I just have issues or its cos I am a girl or both!:roll:

All girls have issues :lol:

But yea, I have a burning desire to get my dents done, however small they may be!

Carole Anne
19-04-2008, 21:14
Too right as soon as blokes realise all birds are a little bit mad the world will be a happier place :lol:

Don't know about boots that was about the only place mine didn't have any dents.

Carole Anne

Matty86
20-04-2008, 13:28
my door was 'rippled' almost.... Dent meet over on CS sorted it no problems :D

he did the whole car for £30 and the door looks spot on now! :D

Tommo
20-04-2008, 20:40
Dentman in St Helens are excellent, my brothers mate works there, done a few on my car and are perfect, can highly recommend them

www.thedentman.co.uk

Daz.
20-04-2008, 21:36
^^^ thats not far, might be the ideal place :D