PDA

View Full Version : Headlight replacement

Adi82
17-04-2008, 13:16
Im looking into replacing my front headlights and have a couple of questions.

I have a Williams 1 with the headlight height adjuster near the steering coloumn, so im guessing this means i need the hydraulic RH headlight.

Is the left headlight always a manual one, as this one cannot be dipped from inside the car?

Also currently my headlight does not dip using the in car adjuster. Any way i can find out how to fix it?

white16valver
17-04-2008, 13:18
It sounds like the left hand one is broken if it's not adjusting.

Have they both got the small white plastic round things on the top of the light fitting that the grooved adjuster thing (technical term lol) uses to adjust the internals?

Adi82
17-04-2008, 13:23
Not to sure will have a good look when i get home. Neither of my lights adjust currently.

As GSF only sell a RH hydraulic i assumed that the left one was always manual and therefore did not adjust on the dial inside the car.

white16valver
17-04-2008, 18:27
No no, they should both move together!

Daz.
17-04-2008, 18:39
I hate the renault headlights - I've had two sets of brand new units and both have failed after a short time with this - alos failed last years mot because of it only 2 months after they had been set!

I gave up and got manual headlights - perfect! and it passed the mot a treat.

Ask yourself when was the last time you had a couple of mates in the car and thought hmmm I really should adjust my aim :D

Adi82
17-04-2008, 23:42
True think i will save myself the cash and get 2 new manual lights in that case. Espically as GSF are doing free postage at the moment.

white16valver
18-04-2008, 07:54
You have a good point there daz.

I always run mine at the top of their travel so I can see further anyway and, as you say, it's not like most people regularly carry rear passengers!

Daz.
18-04-2008, 08:03
^^^ I also think looking at them they're slightly shorter and have flat caps rather than the normal bath shaped ones if you will! makes playing in the bay a tad easier