PDA

View Full Version : k&n air filter, what am i missing?

bendee
16-04-2008, 18:18
i got a k&n air filter when i bought my car and today thought i would put it on and see what its like when i put it on the two other pipes dont attatch to the back of the filter so there open to suck anything in.
i got the filter and the adapter that attatches to the throttle bodie. what am i missing?

also would it be better running this than a standard air box with itg panel filter. the noise was certainly alot nicer lol

u33db
16-04-2008, 18:34
Std airbox is better.

You are missing to small plastic tubes about 4cm long...you wedge these into the holes in the cone filter then attach the two breather pipes that would normally go into the airbox to the other sides of them.

MattyH16valver
16-04-2008, 18:36
i got a k&n air filter when i bought my car and today thought i would put it on and see what its like when i put it on the two other pipes dont attatch to the back of the filter so there open to suck anything in.
i got the filter and the adapter that attatches to the throttle bodie. what am i missing?

also would it be better running this than a standard air box with itg panel filter. the noise was certainly alot nicer lol

There should be 2 oil breather pipes that attatch to it. You be much better off with an OE airbox and ITG Panel filter when the hot weather comes, the K+N will just suck in all the hot air in the engine bay as it is not enclosed, where as a standard box it.

bendee
16-04-2008, 23:43
thought that would be the case i got a cold air feed from the fog light that gets abit of cold air in.

bendee
17-04-2008, 23:15
ok put it on properly today as i didnt give it a fair trial went and got some cheapo halfords air feed stuff and theres now 3 air feeds going towards it lol.

theres now no doubt in my mind after a good half hour blast the car is alot faster picks up better from lower revs and doesnt feel strangled in higher revs like it used to. felt what i think where the effects of it sucking hot air in twice after abit of crawling along then putting foot down but as soon as the cold air got there it pulled amazingly.
tbh i thought it was gonna be all noise but it really isnt an i always saw k&n as abit chav but this filter really has worked wonders.

think itll be staying on for a while :)