PDA

View Full Version : photoshop willy

Maka@shakenbakeracing
15-04-2008, 09:58
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&image_id=956

this is a photoshop idea of a slight revision to the willy.

shes currently looking very bruised, tired, rotting round the rear arch.
the front bumper has sene better days and the bonnets on the way out around the badge.
so i wanted to do a small revision to it if im going to spray it up.

obviously it might involve a small side mounted number plate.
o and the grill needs booting off unless anyone has the actual mounting screw as one seems to be missing as you can see from the photo

whats peeps opinions?
im not a fan of side strips never have been. but they do somehow look quite hard on the williams..which is why i needed to see what the willy would look like without them on.

thats my bint in the picture unfortunatly i couldnt edit her mug out of it. DOH!
plus i didnt have pics to hand of the minogue sisters to stick in the front. yum!

titcharoony
15-04-2008, 14:08
nice. i must confess I wish they didnt have the side strips, but living with a narrowdriveway n brick walls im glad of um sumtimes. Also wish they had plastic arch covers a la r5. They were a god send. sure some rotted underneath - but mine never did ;)
Theres a guy in the midlands who said he'd sort both rear arches out on my williams for £200. Or a proper full respray (including sorting all dents, knocks and rust) for £500. £500 it is!

1995clio16v
15-04-2008, 15:03
Nice!

I disagree, Ive always been a fan of the strips, I think it shows the flared arches more and brakes the lines up!

But your always going to get opinions!

^^Thats a great quote. Lets hope it s good job!
:P :wink:

Daz.
15-04-2008, 15:12
£500 respray?

Good luck breaking it when its done :shock:

It cost me £600 for both arches and to do a proper job.

These cars suit the side strips I'm not a fan of totally smoothed - what about removing them filling in the holes but leaving the indent of where they go?

I think that would look much better

titcharoony
15-04-2008, 15:33
well perhaps - because renault popped um on I like um ;) as for the quote - he did an old car of mine - didnt do a mint job, and had to go back for some to re sort some rust - but did a very very very good job. I'm considering it for sure.
The indents idea is a good one.

Maka@shakenbakeracing
15-04-2008, 15:57
its a tough one to call
i do like the strips down the side
but i also like them off
maybe with the front and rear bumpers smoothed it would look much better with no strips on.

hence the photoshop treatment.

defo not feeling the original grill.

first thing though my wheels need a refurb...all gold no silver rim. depressing tbh
but i didnt want to start on the cars looks till i came back from the nurburgring incase i mangled it.

time to start planning the cars new look once it passes its MOT....rofllllllllll

Maka@shakenbakeracing
15-04-2008, 15:59
killer question time...does the phase 1 172 front bumper fit ph1 clios?

not planning on this...but just interested.

1995clio16v
15-04-2008, 16:25
killer question time...does the phase 1 17poo front bumper fit ph1 clios?

not planning on this...but just interested.

Yes, iirc, seem to remember one on here a while ago.

Think it wasnt the best fit.

But...that's not the main point...the main point is it looked total dog turd iirc.

:shock:

Maka@shakenbakeracing
15-04-2008, 17:58
i thought they looked similar
apart from around the lights
but i find the 172/182 type clios to be a little soft looking.
not as hard as fook look of the valvers.

Joel
15-04-2008, 19:49
Sweet!!

Smooth as a babys bottom :lol: