PDA

View Full Version : Megane lump, few questions

16v_paddy
14-04-2008, 20:03
Picked up my F7R lump yesterday and it turns out its a megane lump.
Not a problem as its gettin stripped and rebuilt, what I want to know is do I have to get the head machined to take a dizzy or can I use the coil pack setup?

The engine came complete with the ecu, so are you able to just plug the existing valver loom into the meggy ecu + engine and away you go? Or would I have to get a different loom to do this?

MAXIBOY
14-04-2008, 20:47
as far as i aware it very difficult to run the standard megane set up in the clio and not worth doing unless you running throttle bodies or an aftermarket ecu.
most people just use the megane bottom end with a clio head...either with the megane inlets on standard until a ported head can be sourced with megane valves installed.

its not just the dizzy and coil packs though if you run the megane head you need the megane inlet manifold and throttle body too which won't run on the clio system in believe...

16v_paddy
14-04-2008, 20:51
forgot to mention, I'm gonna rebuild it high compression with throttle bodies

MAXIBOY
14-04-2008, 20:56
then run the megane head as you will be running an after market ecu anyway so no problems and the megane has better port shape for use with throttle bodies