PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem :(

Andyvalver
12-04-2008, 19:38
The 2.0 meg has its first problem in 9 months of ownership :x

Not 100% sure, what it is but here goes.

Basically i finished work and went to get some fuel, filled up and got back in my car to start it. Started it and it stalled, thought nothing of it and started it again. It ran, then i turned the lights on and it cut out and made loads of elctrical noise, like the indicator noise maker was having a fit lol. Loads of dash lights came on and the wipers tried to move. **** knows what it is. Now, it runs but if i try the electric window it cuts out and has a fit, or the lights or most things tbh. It still runs with the side lights on but if i go to main beam it happens again, stalls and hasa fit lol

It seems to be the relays that seem to be makin the noises and messing up but i dont know whats causing them to mess up.

Any ideas? Cheers in advance :P

spryboy1974
12-04-2008, 22:02
I know the Meganes suffer with fuse box problems!!??
May be worth checking all the earths first.

richy
12-04-2008, 22:43
check the fuse box next to the battery, pull each fuse out 1 by 1 as they suffer badly with them corroding etc

Andyvalver
12-04-2008, 22:44
Cheers. I never noticed a fuse box near th battery :? Its in its own compartment.

MicKPM
13-04-2008, 15:50
As posted on RSC Andy, this will be your problem... the busbar that the fuses connect to corrodes like buggery on these. Take it out and douse the mutha in WD40 before attacking it with Mr Wire Brush.

Reassemble and try starting ;)

Andyvalver
13-04-2008, 21:05
cheers Mick.

I found out today that the area where the battery is in is wet and rusting, the fuse box to the left of the battery was corroded inside, 2 fuses snapped inside the unit and i cant get them out, im gonna get a new fuse box and fuses from renault.

Good call guys on the fuse box :P

Cheers

MicKPM
14-04-2008, 13:16
Pshhhh shurrup talking like a crazy fool! Get your arse round mine and you can have one... it's not like you're far away is it!

Andyvalver
14-04-2008, 17:25
Pshhhh shurrup talking like a crazy fool! Get your arse round mine and you can have one... it's not like you're far away is it!

Lol cheers mick, ive not heard from my dad, yet. He runs a garage and said he would order one. Anyway, i have no car to get to you :P

Cheers

MicKPM
15-04-2008, 08:33
You lazy git... you live like 5 miles away or something daft so get on your bike :wink: