PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooooooo!

white16valver
11-04-2008, 10:58
Dear Colleague,

Delivering excellent services lies at the heart of our ambition to be the best local authority in Britain. Our reliance on fast and efficient Internet access is critical to this, as our customers increasingly opt to contact and do business with us on-line.

In recent months, use of the Internet has increased significantly both by customers and by employees. This has caused a marked slow down in the time it takes to access services via the web. Therefore while colleagues in Information Services are working to increase capacity, we all need to ensure our use of the Internet is appropriate and based on strict business need.

In common with other large organisations we also continue to upgrade our monitoring and filtering process which block and filter inappropriate traffic such as spam
e-mail and illegal sites. The filter processes will also shortly include social networking sites such as FaceBook, unless authorised for business purposes.

If your work requires that you access the Internet please also ensure you do not leave the Internet pages open for extended periods as this also contributes to slowing the system down.

If you have any questions about this email....
I fear I'm about to lose my internet access :( :cry:

wavy
11-04-2008, 14:49
oh no you might have to do some work haa haar :wink:

must be good having a job where u can piss about online during the day

bluenose
11-04-2008, 14:54
Its great :D

white16valver
11-04-2008, 15:56
Am I allowed to be smug? or will that tempt fate? LoL