PDA

View Full Version : weird metallic banging when i go over a bump?

titcharoony
10-04-2008, 21:28
If i hit a small pothole or go over a bump - my front drivers wheel makes a knocking sound thats kinda metal on metal, have felt round but cant feel anything loose? As im in surrey this kinda happens alot as despite having an enormous imcome from council tax on massive and expensive properties, they are incapable of building a flat road as of yet.

Daz.
11-04-2008, 06:47
Sounds final - sell up quick and buy a better one :D

titcharoony
12-04-2008, 14:53
lol oh shut it daz. really bugging me now. and the noise ;) can't work out what it is. im checking the bloody wheel nuts. hey daz does your's have 47k on the clock with 2 owners? pish - i think not. :)

Daz.
12-04-2008, 16:16
lol oh shut it daz. really bugging me now. and the noise ;) can't work out what it is. im checking the bloody wheel nuts. hey daz does your's have 47k on the clock with 2 owners? pish - i think not. :)

Means **** all to me, obviously has many issues with the amount of posts you have to make - I'd rather have one that's been looked after and had everything needed to it at the time on time and done with genuine parts - oooo like mine?

:roll:

titcharoony
12-04-2008, 16:21
but daz my friend...you've made far more posts than I have..... ;) oh and mine hasn't been crashed... ;) hows that gone anyway - did they sort it to the standard you wanted?

Daz.
12-04-2008, 16:39
Aha how do you know for sure? have you know the car from birth?

Any car anwhere that is sold second hand can quite eaily have had work done I'll never be one to subscribe to the 'never had any work' malarky.

My friends (5 years ago mind) brand new corsa's door got dented 3 says after he picked it up - he paid £300 because of where it was to fix the door and blend it in. He sold it recently to buy a new car (Kia Pro_Ceed which incedentely is a great car).

The guy who bought it was glad he had got a one owner car that was well looked after and had no work done to it :wink:

Cars now better than it was when it left ironically - loving it, I've had the boot re-welded and there is now no rust on the shell at all which was my aim this year - the doors and bootlid can go to hell for now :lol:

Back to your problem anyway I had a clunk very similar to that that couldn't be traced as luck has it it turned out to be a bush they replaced when I had the new subframe which is one mod I suggest wholeheartedly!

titcharoony
12-04-2008, 17:00
lol yes i do know the car from birth as I bought it off a family friend. full renault service history also with every receipt kept. ;) Thanks for th advice Ill look into it. its bloody annoying though!