PDA

View Full Version : Wilwoods, advice needed

16v_paddy
10-04-2008, 14:49
I've recently had my lovely wilwood dynalites fitted 8)
I was expecting them to make the pedal a lot stiffer but they haven't :?
Is this normal, or is there something not right? I wouldn't say they're spongy and the car stops a WHOLE lot better than before. Has any1 else got wilwoods?
I've done 500 miles on them now so the pads and everything are bedded in ok

Is everything ok or should I be a bit bothered?

cliokongen
10-04-2008, 15:01
My pedal "feel" is very much like the std. setup which i quite like.
It makes it easy to apply the correct amount of pressure to the pads.

Michael

richy
10-04-2008, 18:41
the pedal feel on mine is pretty much close to std, just the bite is alot better and they dont fade at all!

i find that if you do alot of light braking they can squeel quite loud but after a good thrash then just stop making any noise! mine only gets used on track so not a problem tbh

cliokongen
10-04-2008, 20:17
If the pads do squeel you can chamfer the front edge of the pad.
Usually eliminates squeel. (Unless its a race pad)

Michael

16v_paddy
10-04-2008, 20:36
Got a bit of squeal but thats because I'm using ebc redstuff pads, they're pretty quiet after about 1000 miles

Its just the pedal feel I'm bothered about as the rally design catalogue says they will significantly increase padal stiffness and they dont atm

richy
10-04-2008, 21:08
daft as it may sound but have you bleed the calipers using both top bleed nipples and also have u tryed bleeding all the brakes with fresh fluid?

16v_paddy
10-04-2008, 21:32
had the whole lot bled as I had goodridge lines put on the back, got it done at the garage I use, but cant hurt to bleed them again tho

cliokongen
10-04-2008, 22:04
A little tip - bleed (let it run) the bottom screws also - as air can get trapped. Finish off by bleeding the upper ones.
I always find the 2 person method working the best.
I dont trust those 1 person bleeding kits.

Michael