PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice....

chris16v
08-04-2008, 20:30
Alrite guys just had 3 bas**rd points through the post 2day! im only alowed 6 as im a month of having the full 12 points alowance.. now is their anyway i can contest about this?? perhaps say sum one else is drivin like my old man??
please any advice! but 2 b honest i reaken i proper fu**cked it and i just have 2 bite the bullet!.

FATBOY
08-04-2008, 21:09
well as long as hes a named driver on the car then you can get away with it surely?????? if your the sole named driver then your fooked!!!! if you say it was someone else and there not a named driver of the car then that causes more problems for the persons name given, like driving with no valid insurance.

chris16v
08-04-2008, 21:25
well as long as hes a named driver on the car then you can get away with it surely?????? if your the sole named driver then your fooked!!!! if you say it was someone else and there not a named driver of the car then that causes more problems for the persons name given, like driving with no valid insurance.

Well hes insured 2 drive any car! hes not a named driver on the policy would that matter??

stan
08-04-2008, 21:27
have you got any points prior to these?

chris16v
08-04-2008, 21:36
have you got any points prior to these?

yes unfortuanly i hav 6 now! im 3 weeks off driving for 2 years where i can gain the 12 points extension.

stan
08-04-2008, 21:43
if youve recieved a NIP "offering" 3 points, there should be part to fill in stating you werent the driver. I think so long as your dad signs that, then you wont be eligable.
up to your old man really!

chris16v
08-04-2008, 21:50
if youve recieved a NIP "offering" 3 points, there should be part to fill in stating you werent the driver. I think so long as your dad signs that, then you wont be eligable.
up to your old man really!

Yeh hes not really up 4 it as these new cameras can zoom in 2 ur face! and there is quite a diffrent between me and my dad! me being 11 stone & him being 16! just gunna bite the bullet and take the ban!! so so gutted! but i only have myself 2 blame, havin a quick car

DaveH
08-04-2008, 23:56
It depends what sort of camera it was, if it was a gatso then you would be ok but if it was a truvellio (sp) and was forward facing they usually have quite a good picture of your face and would know it was you- depends if you know where you were caught really!

Shouldnt be a long ban i dont think but i heard somewhere that if it is within your "probation" period and within two years they can send you on a driving course and just give you slapped wrists so i would enquire about that

stan
09-04-2008, 07:49
also worth mentioning to blag that you need the car..for work etc. theres plenty of stories of people having like 20 points, but still driving for this very reason.

white16valver
09-04-2008, 09:07
Just to point out, getting someone to take the points is very very bad from a legal point of view, and people have done time from doing it (though they undoubtedly threw the book at the bloke to make an example of him, to try and put others off doing so).

So if you do do it, don't get caught, and don't mention it online or to your friends in the real world :wink: lol

Seriously though, it's not a ban you get - they just revoke your licence and you can apply to take it again straight away.

When you do get it back, I recommend an IAM course! ;) lol

chris16v
09-04-2008, 14:39
Just to point out, getting someone to take the points is very very bad from a legal point of view, and people have done time from doing it (though they undoubtedly threw the book at the bloke to make an example of him, to try and put others off doing so).

So if you do do it, don't get caught, and don't mention it online or to your friends in the real world :wink: lol

Seriously though, it's not a ban you get - they just revoke your licence and you can apply to take it again straight away.

When you do get it back, I recommend an IAM course! ;) lol

Ok thats not so bad! so ill expect my insurance will go sky high now!!! :cry:

wavy
09-04-2008, 14:53
hard luck fella :(
i would hate to have to sit my test again
its all changed since i was a lad haha :(

16v_paddy
11-04-2008, 18:41
Sent you a PM m8 :wink:

I've got a pdf with some really useful info regarding speeding and the law, anybody who wants it just PM me your email and you can have it. I paid £10 for it and I'd happily pay 10 times that for the info in it

Also I highly recommend getting a copy of the drivers survival handbook http://www.drivershandbook.co.uk/
I've got a copy and its saved my bacon a few times :wink:

Also I recommend this forum http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/index.php
got lots of useful info on there and contacts for motoring lawyers who offer free advice

16v_paddy
11-04-2008, 18:50
Pistonheads has also got a section about this http://www.pistonheads.com/speed/

16v_paddy
11-04-2008, 19:09
Found this on PH, could be worthwhile

http://www.drivingbanassistance.co.uk/index.asp