PDA

View Full Version : connection to carbon cannister

geesus
08-04-2008, 13:31
right the pipe that runs to the carbon cannister, does it suck or blow?

i thought the carbon cannister was there to collect excess petrol/oil vapour? so i would assume the pipe coming off the engine would blow? is that correct?

ta

alex_blue16v
08-04-2008, 14:34
im fairly sure that it blows into the inlet manifold as it collects excess vapours from the fuel tank or something along those lines anyway.

alex

geesus
08-04-2008, 15:39
right so that would mean it sucks then? ie it sucks the excess vapour out of the tank and into the inlet?

cliokongen
09-04-2008, 11:21
Do not block off the pipe that goes to the tank...

It is used as a vent and i found that blocking it off will create under pressure in the tank.
Visible when opening for refuelling - it will make a pssstttt'ish sound.

I made the pipe longer and had it exit behind the right front wheel (inside the arch) There is only a little bit of vapour and it does the trick.

Michael

northy
09-04-2008, 15:33
Mmmm my cup racer has this pipe blocked at the filler spout. Never had any problems.....doesnt have the charcoal canister either :P

geesus
09-04-2008, 16:03
hmm, well i think im leaving the cannister in place, just i have a pipe coming off the f4r engine that goes into cam cover that sucks, hard! i dont wanna connect it to the carbon cannister if its going to suck loads of bad stuff into the engine lol

but i have to do something with it as if the pipe is left open it idles way too high and keeps revving itself higher lol

cliolord
09-04-2008, 16:41
Mmmm my cup racer has this pipe blocked at the filler spout. Never had any problems.....doesnt have the charcoal canister either :P

makes 2 of us then :wink:

cliokongen
09-04-2008, 21:07
Hmm strange - dont know if my Clio Cup car is blocked or not....
As long as that piece of heavy useless crap is gone :-)

Michael