PDA

View Full Version : When drifting goes bad lol.

Enid
15-06-2005, 16:02
On my way back from a shopping spree in MK I spot a black MX-5 in my rear view mirror. It'd just chucked it down with rain and the raods were really greasy so I was just pootling along minding my own. However the guy in the MX-5 was tyaking full advantage of the slippery roads and flicking the back end out round every roundabout. He seemed to be doing quite well round the first few, catching the back end nicely, unfortunatly it all ended in tears when he over cooked and spun his car twice into the kerb!! It was hilarious! All the traffic had to stop while he did a three oint turn to get back on the road, PMSL.

Doubt he did any real damage as wasn't going very quick, but I bet he was rather embaressed :lol:

KingStromba
15-06-2005, 16:25
:oops:

TwisT
15-06-2005, 18:47
The same sort of thing happened to me last year. I like drifting but sometimes its madness in the circumstances/road:

I was traveling in the works van and this kid infront of me tried drifting his BM e30 318is on the wet rounderbout - instead he did a 180 infront of me and i couldnt believe my eyes- lucky the van was empty so the brakes bit hard , i wasnt best pleased at a near headon - but he was just laughing ! :shock: :roll:

Jamie.
16-06-2005, 13:08
unusal for hairdressers to drive that crazy

Purple
16-06-2005, 14:23
Was following a Honda Accord going fast into a wet 3-lane highway sweeping bend. Just as I thought to myself, "He's going a bit fast", the Honda started to oversteer into a spin and clouted the outside barrier. Continued spinning across the highway and clouted the inside barrier. Spun back to the middle lane & stopped. Even I tailed out a bit as I came to a quick halt behind him. Had go help the driver out and all. He's was OK, just badly shaken and minor cuts. Honda was totalled though. That's what happens when drifting goes really wrong.