PDA

View Full Version : Fastest cammed un-mapped williams

Martin
15-06-2005, 14:53
Whose gonna take the crown? :wink:
Was impressed with Rob's the other night...but I know Jesus's motor is close to Jon's on the road....hmm :?:

FlamingMonkey
15-06-2005, 14:54
Doubt it will be mine, still a way off yours, Chris's and Jon I reckon, if I dip in the 14's I'll be happy, haven't been able to better my time from last year yet.

J o n
15-06-2005, 14:57
mine's running poo at the moment, it needs a whole new exhaust system and a new decat as it seems to blow from all the joints... that and the baffles have gone, so it's super loud! infact it started after FCS funnily enough... god you lot are a bad influence... especially you 2 live, Northy and Gunner!!! (included Gunner as he gave some countdowns... no ones innocent here lad! ;) lol)

Martin
15-06-2005, 14:58
Well Rob you might be surprised we will see...bear in mind your car was about 180kg's heavier than mine the other night! 14s are nailed on imo.

FlamingMonkey
15-06-2005, 14:58
mine's running poo at the moment, it needs a whole new exhaust system and a new decat as it seems to blow from all the joints... that and the baffles have gone, so it's super loud!

You still running on Sunday thou :D

Winston
15-06-2005, 14:59
Come on lads i want fighting talk from you two lol

Andy
15-06-2005, 14:59
fellas this is getting serious not having the slowest willy in the n/w

going to have to pull something out oof the bag

fintstone it :roll:

Martin
15-06-2005, 15:00
mine's running poo at the moment, it needs a whole new exhaust system and a new decat as it seems to blow from all the joints... that and the baffles have gone, so it's super loud! infact it started after FCS funnily enough... god you lot are a bad influence... especially you 2 live, Northy and Gunner!!! (included Gunner as he gave some countdowns... no ones innocent here lad! ;) lol)

batter that credit card at powerflow! :wink:

FlamingMonkey
15-06-2005, 15:05
Come on lads i want fighting talk from you two lol

hehe I'm gonna bust your balls on the 1/4 mile Jesus, just you wait, Back Street Garage vs Angelwork Technologies Super Street Car Cammed Not Remapped Shootout Road Car Challenge Round 1

:D

Martin
15-06-2005, 15:06
pmsl!

Winston
15-06-2005, 15:11
:P

Chris n`nic
15-06-2005, 15:13
You`ll easily be into the 14`s rob. I'm almost tempted to run mine but I know it ain`t going to be low enough for it`s best so I`ll be a good boy and save my twenty notes. Will be good to watch the Mk1 boys battle it out!

Chris

J o n
15-06-2005, 15:14
lol, think i may just do that Martin, although to be honest the only powerflow I think does the business is 2 live... the other ones i have seen sound well but dont do a lot... mine slowed the car down, especially with decat!

hehe, we'll see Rob, i'm hoping my car should be okay for this sunday, in which case, ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! :lol:

Swervin_Mervin
15-06-2005, 15:15
I think you should all race for slips. :P

J o n
15-06-2005, 15:17
hmmm, yeah, then I'd have a Willy 3 and a 2! Just to get the One in front and the king of hybrids now! :lol:

FlamingMonkey
15-06-2005, 15:18
You`ll easily be into the 14`s rob. I'm almost tempted to run mine but I know it ain`t going to be low enough for it`s best so I`ll be a good boy and save my twenty notes. Will be good to watch the Mk1 boys battle it out!

Chris

Was going very well the other night dude, bt you know your motor better than I, going well enough to see off me.....just :twisted:

2 live
15-06-2005, 15:18
Whose gonna take the crown? :wink:
Was impressed with Rob's the other night...but I know Jesus's motor is close to Jon's on the road....hmm :?:

jus as a time to aim for.....14.4 cammed un mapped :wink:

Chris n`nic
15-06-2005, 15:24
Or my 14.4 standard exhaust, rsport and open filter...full interior! :lol:

Chris

P.S Get to powerflow Jesus m8...thats where I got my Darth vader exhaust conversion done :wink:

FlamingMonkey
15-06-2005, 15:28
hmmm, yeah, then I'd have a Willy 3 and a 2! Just to get the One in front and the king of hybrids now! :lol:

Northy won't be running mate :wink:

J o n
15-06-2005, 15:29
hmmm... all this conflicting information in my head... argh... powerflow, blueflame and magnex are the three on my shortlist... magnex can be too loud when you decat em tho and powerflow seem hit and miss... but then Chris and Jon say how good they are, take it you both used Top Gear as they are the best for them so I hear... all the other ones tho are apparently garbage... :? mine sounds nice, but the performance is pants from it to be honest... may go blue flame as they are quiet, make flames and deffo add the performance... we shall see... am i also best going for a solid decat too, as mines a twisty one?

lol! good one Rob! hehe, get them schmams in Northrop, or sell em to Andy!!! :lol:

Martin
15-06-2005, 15:31
Aye go to blue flame it gave Northy's 20 bhp...or so he told me! :wink: :D

J o n
15-06-2005, 15:32
yeah ditto, he told me getting the zorst will do more than cams! :o lol

FlamingMonkey
15-06-2005, 15:37
Mines a Magnex/Powerflow Hybrid, don't think mines too loud? Quieter than Christophs I reckon, if I was getting another I would go to the Welsh Wizard at Top Gear Burnley, he does a good line in exhausts

Chris n`nic
15-06-2005, 15:42
Yeah I think it is the garages that are shite and not the actual product. Top Gear in Burnley is excellent and they have never let me down once

Chris

J o n
15-06-2005, 15:42
i'm after power primarily... sound and flames are an added bonus really... as long as it makes the car faster thats all I should be bothered about I guess? Blue flame or powerflow... choices choices!!! anyone interested in a group buy on the above? if so preferences on company as i'm gonna get one fairly soon

Swervin_Mervin
15-06-2005, 15:56
I say better the Devil you know.

Winston
15-06-2005, 17:58
Welsh Wizard at Top Gear Burnley .....LMAO!!!

Really good lads and there good at what they do!!!!!

GazTwo
15-06-2005, 18:05
hmmm... all this conflicting information in my head... argh... powerflow, blueflame and magnex are the three on my shortlist... magnex can be too loud when you decat em tho and powerflow seem hit and miss... but then Chris and Jon say how good they are, take it you both used Top Gear as they are the best for them so I hear... all the other ones tho are apparently garbage... :? mine sounds nice, but the performance is pants from it to be honest... may go blue flame as they are quiet, make flames and deffo add the performance... we shall see... am i also best going for a solid decat too, as mines a twisty one?

lol! good one Rob! hehe, get them schmams in Northrop, or sell em to Andy!!! :lol:

U can't get a Magnex for the Williams anymore mate, they only sell Valver ones or just the backbox...which is why me and Northrop went to Blue Flame.

They made up our exhausts off northys car but when it came to fitting mine they had to make alterations cause of northy's modded beast (Fanimold) so they made the changes and fitted a decat I had bought elsewhere for no extra cost.... :D

J o n
15-06-2005, 20:04
aaah, did they ask you what you wanted it to look or sound like etc, or was it a case of get what your given? reason I ask is because I have something specific in mind that I want for an exhaust.

KingStromba
15-06-2005, 20:07

U can't get a Magnex for the Williams anymore mate, they only sell Valver ones or just the backbox...which is why me and Northrop went to Blue Flame.

They made up our exhausts off northys car but when it came to fitting mine they had to make alterations cause of northy's modded beast (Fanimold) so they made the changes and fitted a decat I had bought elsewhere for no extra cost.... :D

Some places may still stock the Magnex from when they used to sell it. i phoned round a few places and managed to find a few systems still on the shelf a while back. Not many, but there are a few.

2 live
15-06-2005, 20:35
well the guys at top gear in burnley are spot on.their products have never let me down or have been a disppointmeny=t, theyv got it bang on how i asked for it on both me cars

altho the blue flame of northys has a nice tone to it and is quieter for the longer journeys

then theres always devil.

Martin
15-06-2005, 20:36
quiet? Pah...it's all about the power.. :D

big hp
15-06-2005, 20:36
By end of august i'll be fastest cammed williams full stop! :twisted:

northy
16-06-2005, 07:53
i found one exstock magnex exhaust for the williams....but im not paying £350 for it.

Blueflame for me jon....i just told them make it free flow and hide the silencer.....3" tailpipe please.

J o n
16-06-2005, 09:54
i'm going to Blue Flame now i've decided, but i'm going for something a little different as regards the exhaust 8)

northy
16-06-2005, 10:02
well they are the boys mate. Make sure you mention my name and the club pal...and bargin on a discount...they are good lads.

KingStromba
16-06-2005, 10:44
Are they like powerflow? In that they just make up an exhaust as you want it?

What about that h + S? Didnt they do the custom exhaust on toms 182? heard anything about them>?

J o n
16-06-2005, 11:24
H&S? Dunno who they are and didn't notice the zorst on Tom's car before really. Only other place I have heard that are any good are Pro Speed that did Kev's 182, but I'm off to Blue Flame on Northy, GazTwo and BenR's recommendations... i've not heard anything bad about them yet anyway and the noise they make is quite nice if a little quiet... i'll be getting something different in design tho as I said... all shall be revealed... :twisted:

big hp
16-06-2005, 11:48
Powerflow will just lash a exhaust together to your specification with no thought to how it will perform. My mate had a powerflow exhaust made for his VTS and the power it lost was silly. He bought a magnex exhaust and instantly got back the lost power. For that reason alone i'd only buy a exhaust specificaly designed for my car which I know has plenty R+D behind it to achieve optimun performance.

2 live
16-06-2005, 11:54
depends which outlet you use for powerflow tho mate tbh. i know a few of the southern vtec owners have made their way to burnley for the zorsts.a 4 hour drive.

the guys at burnley bent the pipe to exact same dimensions as the reno one that was on it when i took it in, only with free er flowing silencers and s/s. the power lost was none.the power gained was minimal if any, but the noise...... :D :D :D :twisted:

J o n
16-06-2005, 11:56
yeah, i've heard similar too, I guess it depends on which Powerflow you go to. 2 live's is mint tho... maybe he could get a few more horses from a different zorst tho? Unlikely tho, it looks to be very well made.

Northy, i'm gonna need a cat back system a solid decat making and my manifold sleeving to take the bore from 2.25 to 2.5... what sorta cost you reckon that will be :?

Swervin_Mervin
16-06-2005, 12:00
I'd still buy Devil. Tuned and R&Dd for Renaultsport themselves.

J o n
16-06-2005, 12:04
not heard much of them tbh Mike, are they mild and stainless steel and dead loud, or am i thinking of some other manufacturer?

Blue Flame make TVR and racing bike exhausts, I think that should be reet really, Northy and Gaz's are now very quick with them.

2 live
16-06-2005, 12:05
aye

but bit loud iirc lol

when u say sleeve ur maniold mate.arent u better off gettin one with the dimension u want running the ful legnth??

rather than just sleeving it in spots

Swervin_Mervin
16-06-2005, 12:07
not heard much of them tbh Mike, are they mild and stainless steel and dead loud, or am i thinking of some other manufacturer?

Blue Flame make TVR and racing bike exhausts, I think that should be reet really, Northy and Gaz's are now very quick with them.

Dunno TJ. But the idea of keeping mine std is waning again just 'cos I want to see what a full Devil system would do! :P

2 live
16-06-2005, 12:08
iv been thinking the same meself recently lol

Swervin_Mervin
16-06-2005, 12:11
Looking at a devil box and decat for the VTS when the insurance becomes a bit more affordable.

2 live
16-06-2005, 12:12
would be good to get a comparison for all of em..would have to be on the same engine/car tho

i volunteer to have my car used as test bed hehe

J o n
16-06-2005, 12:12
Jon, i'm going to get a valver manifold now, I dont think a supersprint will make much difference to be honest as the bore size is not big enough. The idea I have is to use the valver one with downpipe and where the downpipe goes to 2.5 i'll have it cut and sleeved so that it's 2.5 to the decat and then the whole system can be 2.5 all the way through. obviously this may cause MOT problems, but I'll take a valver cat and see what can be done to avoid this... failing that I cant see getting my car passed on emissions being a problem... worst comes to worst i'll just have to get the TB's sooner rather than later.

Mike, your car's at the mint stage now, so I think it's about time you start modding the 1.8 or get a 2.0 in there and some other choice mods. You love the car, so why not treat her to some more power? Failing that the Willy wide track is always a great option to go for. Either way your not going to be disapointed imo.

Swervin_Mervin
16-06-2005, 12:15
would be good to get a comparison for all of em..would have to be on the same engine/car tho

i volunteer to have my car used as test bed hehe

Cool. Are you paying as well! :P

TJ. Yeah I see that but at the same time std mint valvers are so rare that I'm a bit torn.

Wait 'til next year when the moola arrives. If I buy a track only car on top I might get the thrills elsewhere. :twisted:

J o n
16-06-2005, 12:24
yeah, original ones are rare, BUT, will it be worth any more money and at the end of the day it's your car to do what you want with. If you want to mod it i'd mod it pal and do the things you want to do to it. keeping it oringal for someone else's use is the wrong aproach imo, plus you can always keep the engine and all the bits you change :D

Jon, if your thinking of a new zorst fancy a group buy on one? also, is there any other way I can make the bore on the zorst bigger without sleeving the manifold, or will that be the best and easiest way???

2 live
16-06-2005, 13:28
from how u explained it mate.u wantin a 2.5 in bore pipe from manifold to the cat...

??

J o n
16-06-2005, 13:34
from how u explained it mate.u wantin a 2.5 in bore pipe from manifold to the cat...

??

2.5 from the downpipe back mate. want to increase the bore of the whole system from 2.25 to 2.5

J o n
17-06-2005, 13:32
in regards to the original question... isn't there only me and Monkey nuts in this current state of tune??? lol

Tucks
18-06-2005, 15:07
Ive got a PF exhaust & Supersprint manifold on mine(de-catted).Not particularly happy with the exhaust tbh,sounds a bit 'raspy' but does go a bit better than the standard system+magnex bb I ran with before.I shall be having AWT cams+pulleys, and the standard chip in my car as soon as they arrive.So I shall report back as to how well mine is going when they are in.

ballcrusher
19-06-2005, 13:24
COME ON GUYS I WANNA SEE FASTER CARS IF IM GONNA GET INVOLVED IN THIS GAY ARGUMENT. FASTED N/A IM READY IN A FEW MONTHS SO ILL BE BACK SOON :twisted: :evil: :wink:

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-06-2005, 13:30
Mines on cams and not mapped.

Although, I think the quickest N/A kicking around in the UK is Mehdi's AWT tuned Clio. 216bhp. :twisted:

Winston
19-06-2005, 13:37
COME ON GUYS I WANNA SEE FASTER CARS IF IM GONNA GET INVOLVED IN THIS GAY ARGUMENT. FASTED N/A IM READY IN A FEW MONTHS SO ILL BE BACK SOON :twisted: :evil: :wink:

Bring it on dude :P ......You still not 1/4 miled yours yet?

ballcrusher
19-06-2005, 13:44
IM OUT SOON JUST WAITING TO GET THING SORTED SO AND YES IM WANNA GO AGAINST THE BEST AND - 2 LIVE - THE JESUS - AND - NOT FORGETTING YOUR SELF YOUNG WINSTON :evil: :twisted: :lol:

Winston
19-06-2005, 13:48
8)

KingStromba
19-06-2005, 15:43
IM OUT SOON JUST WAITING TO GET THING SORTED SO AND YES IM WANNA GO AGAINST THE BEST AND - 2 LIVE - THE JESUS - AND - NOT FORGETTING YOUR SELF YOUNG WINSTON :evil: :twisted: :lol:

And when you beat the rest. You can take on me...the best. :D

Winston
19-06-2005, 16:05

And when you beat the rest. You can take on me...the granny driver. :D

:shock:

KingStromba
19-06-2005, 17:18
LOL @ Winston

My driving skill is on a need to know basis. :wink:

J o n
19-06-2005, 17:57
hehe, yeah, even Rob doesn't know what he's capable of... he's just hoping he's good :lol:

BenR
19-06-2005, 18:07
Whats that saying?

empty vessles make the most noise.............. :lol:

KingStromba
19-06-2005, 18:13
This isnt playstation Ben. Real life real cars :lol:

BenR
19-06-2005, 18:14
oh.................. in that case your really in trouble. :wink:

KingStromba
19-06-2005, 18:19
Just as an aside to anyone who thinks they are a good driver and good at playstation games.

Jenson Button beat the fastest lap time of the programmers who programmed one of the formula one games on the playstation 2, within a few minutes of starting playing the game. Bearing in mind they played on its for months and programmed the game, its a pretty mean achievment.

:shock:

BenR
19-06-2005, 18:27
i dont think that anyone who thinks they are good at computer games is good in real life.

However, you have just created a link between the two.

J o n
19-06-2005, 18:38
well i was awesome at Quake on the PC, but i dont think i'd be that great at shooting people with rocket launchers in real life... also it is something i'd deffo have a crack at :lol:

So Rob, would you say you are the best driver in the club?

ballcrusher
19-06-2005, 19:59
no i am :evil: :twisted: :P

KingStromba
19-06-2005, 20:09
well i was awesome at Quake on the PC, but i dont think i'd be that great at shooting people with rocket launchers in real life... also it is something i'd deffo have a crack at :lol:

So Rob, would you say you are the best driver in the club?

Ive never been on track, so its impossible to tell. Certainly the least experienced.