PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Slag Look!

MattyH16valver
06-04-2008, 14:33
After selling my re-furbed speedlines to eternal life last weekend I'm temporarily borrowing his wheels while I get some tyres fitted to my brand new speedlines. I actually quite like em, so I decided to go for a spin and take a few pics! :lol: What do u reckon?
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/Picture001.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/Picture003.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/Picture006.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/Picture004.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/Picture002.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/Picture005.jpg

Andy P
06-04-2008, 14:35
Looks pretty cool mate. I quite like it. Reckon its worth keeping a set like that just for a change? :wink:

1fast6
06-04-2008, 18:41
What are they? Pro race 1.2's?

Must say I prefer the willy wheels by a fair margin. But I think the white ones would set the car off more if it was lowered a bit instead of OE.

MatrixGuy
06-04-2008, 19:15
Not that keen on them mate, lol.

You buying brand new gold ones?!

eternalife
06-04-2008, 19:36
MattyH - Nearly as clean as when I gave them to you :lol:

1Fast6 - Pro Race 1.2's the 7J version.

Matrix Guy - He already has some Brand New Speedlines.

Daz.
06-04-2008, 19:39
I say it totally takes away the fact you've spent mega money restoring the willy..

Get those new uns on pronto!

northy
06-04-2008, 20:10
coool....so u finally sorted out the loom ??? what did u end up doing ?

seanofnp
06-04-2008, 22:41
MattyH - Nearly as clean as when I gave them to you :lol:

1Fast6 - Pro Race 1.2's the 7J version.

Matrix Guy - He already has some Brand New Speedlines.

That I do NOT believe lol, they were rank when i last saw them on your car lol!

Love them, i really want them! lol

MattyH16valver
07-04-2008, 13:32

Yeah, took me a while, car was off the road for a good bit. I ended up disconnecting half the loom and ripping out the thick black cable for the battery/alternator/starter/ earth etc.....was quite a fidly job! Glad its sorted though now...cars as good as ever.

Wheels are only temporary while I get some tyres fitted to the new speedlines.....think as 1fast6 said, it would prob look better on the white wheels if it was lowered! 8)

Daz.
07-04-2008, 14:15
Good on you for putting brand new wheels on the road though!

I'd never ever ever buy new ones for the very good reason that they'll be buggered within months!

eternalife
07-04-2008, 14:47
Good on you for putting brand new wheels on the road though!

I'd never ever ever buy new ones for the very good reason that they'll be buggered within months!

Sounds like a Stromba-ism to me :wink:

Mat Browns mate used some new ones on the road and they perfect quite a few years after.

IMO as long as you look after the wheels (clean / protective coatings of wheel protection) I doubt they will get buggered.

Daz.
07-04-2008, 14:53
I'm talking all weathers though, will these see rain, snow, gritters, sleet, mud, fresh tarmac, gravel and a few wheel off tyre changes disc changes pad changes etc?

If yes I'm ready to be proved wrong :D

eternalife
07-04-2008, 14:59
I'm talking all weathers though, will these see rain, snow, gritters, sleet, mud, fresh tarmac, gravel and a few wheel off tyre changes disc changes pad changes etc?

If yes I'm ready to be proved wrong :D

Not having a go at you (well not here and not yet :wink: ).
I am only going by what Mat Brown posted on another forum.

Do agree regarding the all weather/conditions the alloys will need to endure, but MattyH is Mr Meticulous - if anyone can keep a set of wheels in good nick its him.

Daz.
07-04-2008, 15:15
Thats what I mean, I doubt matty will have them on all year round or will not use the car in bad weather - know what you mean about mats mates wheels but were they only 2 years old if I recall?

northy
07-04-2008, 17:10

Yeah, took me a while, car was off the road for a good bit. I ended up disconnecting half the loom and ripping out the thick black cable for the battery/alternator/starter/ earth etc.....was quite a fidly job! Glad its sorted though now...cars as good as ever.

Wheels are only temporary while I get some tyres fitted to the new speedlines.....think as 1fast6 said, it would prob look better on the white wheels if it was lowered! 8)

atleast it wasnt the red cable mate that was a arse to repair !

looking mint as ever pal

MattyH16valver
07-04-2008, 18:09
Thats what I mean, I doubt matty will have them on all year round or will not use the car in bad weather - know what you mean about mats mates wheels but were they only 2 years old if I recall?

Yeah I'll only be using them for spring/summer and autumn and stick some older turdbines or something on for winter...i'm not stupid enough to spend £700 on some wheels to let them perish....may even garage the car next winter. As mentioned as long as u maintain them and keep on top of the brake dust and keep them well waxed its easy. 8) Hows urs coming on fella?

MattyH16valver
07-04-2008, 18:11

atleast it wasnt the red cable mate that was a arse to repair !

looking mint as ever pal

Nah just the black one thank god, mr mat brown came to the rescue with a replacement....although the amount of loom i pulled out I may aswell of just changed the whole lot! Cheers for the comment anyway :)

samboRT
07-04-2008, 18:53
Whts gonna happen with them rims ;)

MattyH16valver
07-04-2008, 18:57
Whts gonna happen with them rims ;)

Not mine to sell mate...there eternal lifes :wink:

samboRT
07-04-2008, 18:58
ahhh iv got some in black... swaps?? I'll ask him lol

nice btw :wink:

number1