PDA

View Full Version : Aux Drive Belt Adjuster?

cliopete
27-03-2008, 22:38
My aux. drive belt adjuster mechanism is knackered, I can't adjust the belt tension and I am sick of the screeching when on full lock. What do I need to replace, part nos, cost involved etc.
Pete

MAXIBOY
27-03-2008, 22:40
think holl has just done this pm her mate

cliopete
27-03-2008, 22:54
Who edited my post?

richy
27-03-2008, 23:00
lol no one did, its the word filter

cliopete
27-03-2008, 23:06
So it's Ok to say "knackered" but not "s i c k"

richy
27-03-2008, 23:19
So it's Ok to say "knackered" but not "s i c k"

lol it was changed as a laugh, as all everyone was saying was s i c k, thats s i c k this is s i c k etc, got abit S I C K of s i c k lol

and as said its a WORD filter doesnt have to be a swear word

Coops
27-03-2008, 23:43
if you want the cheating way mate, remove the alternator top brackets, the flat plate on to the inlet mani and the stubby one thats bolted to back of the alternator and goes to front of the block. bin the flat one and then use a longer bolt and several washers on the stubby on where it bolts to the block. place the washers between the mount and the block and bolt up as normal, this will space the alternator further forward and take up the slack in the aux belt

its a bodgetastic fix but its better than having to rip the whole front of the car apart to do it properly, and i have run this on the turbo for well over 2000 miles now with no adverse affects, works spot on, no noise from belt etc 8)

richy
27-03-2008, 23:52
or the way i did it, ditch the upper bar which bolts to the block, use the side plate on inlet manifold, elongate the hole and rebolt/nut down!

cliolord
28-03-2008, 00:04
or remove the tensioner housing along with PAS pump which requires head light removal at least and a few hours, find a good tensioner mounting with teeth in tact and refit :lol: some of the bolts will upset you, I would definitly advise taking bonnet off....Do the above LOL

cliopete
05-04-2008, 15:14
Sorted using the "Coops" method :D A bit fiddly keeping the spacing washers in place when refitting the mounting bracket but now no sqealing at all. Cheers guys.
Pete

Coops
05-04-2008, 20:31
olay 8) :wink:

obie_shaun996
20-05-2008, 16:44
if you want the cheating way mate, remove the alternator top brackets, the flat plate on to the inlet mani and the stubby one thats bolted to back of the alternator and goes to front of the block. bin the flat one and then use a longer bolt and several washers on the stubby on where it bolts to the block. place the washers between the mount and the block and bolt up as normal, this will space the alternator further forward and take up the slack in the aux belt

its a bodgetastic fix but its better than having to rip the whole front of the car apart to do it properly, and i have run this on the turbo for well over 2000 miles now with no adverse affects, works spot on, no noise from belt etc 8)

Is it possable to get a Picture.. ???