PDA

View Full Version : Got to love it!

Carole Anne
27-03-2008, 18:24
On Saturday was travelling round the A64 near York when some poor bloke decides to jump off a flyover, stop to help and look after bloke till ambulance arrives. Police shut both sides of A64 and plenty of rubber neckers sat in a queue on a slip road opposite where our car was parked.

About 45 mins later go back to the willy which has been sat with it's hazzards on, Ed turns the key......... not a sausage!!!! So I have to go back to the policeman and explain that our car which is stranded in the middle of the closed dual carriagway will not start!

So me and two policemen set about pushing with Ed in the drivers seat.... what a gent :roll: - nothing! They were going to tow us to the next parking bay so we could call the AA when one of them decides it would be a good idea to turn it round and push it the otherway (the wrongway down the A64) which is slightly downhill.

Before can say anything Copper jumps in the drivers seat and we all start pushing YEEHAA it started and off blasts the Copper the wrong way down the A64 eventually swerving about F1 style as if to warm up the tyres! He spins it round flies back towards us and annouces "that is like a bloody go kart!" :D

Anyway as you can imagine was quite an afternoon and at first couldn't believe the car wouldn't start - did a good deed and therefore shouldn't something good happen Karma and all that! But when I thought about it maybe it was the little Willys way of cheering us up! Certainly was a comedy moment! God knows what everyone watching thought was going on!

The bloke was ok physically at least and only suffered a couple of broken bones.

Carole Anne

wazza16v
27-03-2008, 18:49
Blimey why can all coppers be like that, you should of filmed it. :D

MatrixGuy
27-03-2008, 19:40
Thats just so typical, lol.

Glad to hear the driver was ok.

wavy
27-03-2008, 20:02
:lol: :lol: deffo 1 for the mobile

Wobba
28-03-2008, 11:22
Cool :) When they do a '90's version of Life on mars/Ashes to Ahses I reckon theyll give the copper a Williams :D

Carole Anne
28-03-2008, 12:35
:lol: Fire up the Williams!!!

or not as was the case here! :oops: :roll:

Wish I had thought about the mobile!

CA