PDA

View Full Version : Cup racer suspension

Evogone
27-03-2008, 14:57
How much is it worth ???

Personally i think its quite soft (in race car terms) and very good for wet and dry conditions. In fact i would be happy to class it as suitable for road use.

northy
27-03-2008, 15:58
worth as much as second hand dampers are mate - i know prima racing have a set they have been trying to sell for a inflated price.

Ive only driven mine around the block and i found it bouncy as hell.....wouldnt like to use them as a everyday shock.

Wont be nowt left of a cup on yours soon mate.....u going coilovers ?

Evogone
27-03-2008, 16:20
Leda's and Alcons purchased but will only be fitting then after the first few events.

speed
27-03-2008, 18:08
does it have to run williams track?

northy
27-03-2008, 21:52
yes for the front struts....dont forget that using CUP RACING struts will give you 4DEGREES of negative camber (if they are orginal struts)

white16valver
27-03-2008, 22:09
:shock:

northy
27-03-2008, 22:10
well as near to 4 degrees as u can. Mine was 3.89 when i had the car set up at demon tweeks....

I bet if u ran these on a valver the cambere would be 8degrees lol

white16valver
27-03-2008, 22:13
LoL

Mine was bad enough with the sagged original stuff on it :lol:

speed
27-03-2008, 22:30
i got stupid valver track :evil: 8 deg camber tho, does anyone know the camber if std willy shocks used on valver track?

cliolord
28-03-2008, 00:16
can you not fit a set of camber adjustment bolts to the strut and bring the camber back in though Northy? :P

northy
28-03-2008, 09:57
you could do, but the camber bolts are working in reverse to what they are designed to do.

tbh i wouldnt run cup shocks on he road...far too bumpy

Evogone
28-03-2008, 17:30
I have found mine ok on the road, if its bouncy then the shocks are on their way out. Mines not bouncy but i wouldnt say its well damped like the ledas.

northy
05-04-2008, 11:00
if its bouncy then the shocks are doing there job imo, mine is rock hard and on a normal road its very bumpy. On a track however :twisted:

what are u using the car for ??? trackdays ???

Evogone
06-04-2008, 08:23
if its bouncy then the shocks are doing there job imo, mine is rock hard and on a normal road its very bumpy. On a track however :twisted:

what are u using the car for ??? trackdays ???

Its now a Logbooked tarmac rally car first event next weekend in Angelsey. :D

evouk
06-04-2008, 10:00
evogone

What work was involved to transform it into a log booked rally car?

Any updated pics?

Wish i was off this coming weekend as i could pop up to anglesey to spectate but cant get the time off......

Any future events coming up soon?

Evogone
06-04-2008, 10:13
evogone

What work was involved to transform it into a log booked rally car?

Any updated pics?

Wish i was off this coming weekend as i could pop up to anglesey to spectate but cant get the time off......

Any future events coming up soon?

May be 3 sisters May the 4th. Regards the car then amin things are:-

In date seats
Indate belts
Indate fire extinguishers - plumbed in and handheld
Sump and tank guards
SOS/First aid/warning triagle secured in the car
Yellow tape around neg battery terminal
Proper toe eyes and ID
Autolec pull cords fitted - Engine is running and can be stopped via cut off switch at high revs.
Road registered with V5
MOT
Safety stickers fitted.
Horn on co drivers side

Thats most of it, personally it adds value to the car if you do it. Try and look what car you can get for 4-5k which is fully logbooked ready to go. Theres not much better than the Clio.

Pics up later.

evouk
06-04-2008, 14:24
Yes understood... Will keep this in mind for the future....

Love to start doing some single venue rallies. No idea of running and entry costs though.

Evogone
06-04-2008, 14:36
Yes understood... Will keep this in mind for the future....

Love to start doing some single venue rallies. No idea of running and entry costs though.

Once you have your licence suit and helmet it the same price as a trackday. You can not compare the 2.!!!

Entry 150-250 for single venue stuff then the national ones are upto 500 or so. Co Driver usually pays entry and driver all the car costs.

Get it done.!!!

northy
06-04-2008, 20:17
doesnt sound u need much to get through on the car....most of that is just indate kit!

Good luck buddy, alot of cup cars are now rally cars so u will have some good competition :wink: