PDA

View Full Version : Supersprint manifold

number1
26-03-2008, 19:37
I Want to buy a supersprint for my hybrid, however, im running 1.8 16v exhaust setup at the moment and the front Cat flange is different from that of a williams, ive been informed by k-tec that there are two available, the Valver one having the flange at the angle it needs to be and the williams one likewise but apparently it has bigger ports, Can only guess he means headers,

Can anyone shed some light on this? i dont want to have to fork out £350 for a supersprint and have to mess around with reangling my Decat pipe getting it to fit and cat for mot time

My question is really, is the valver supersprint the same diameter etc as the williams bar the Flange on the bottom of the downpipe?

Cheers

Dave

jay s
26-03-2008, 20:13
exactly the same bar the flange, i spoke to a fella called dave at ktec when i got mine and he confirmed this :D

number1
26-03-2008, 20:14
Was it worth it? cant help but feel that my valver manifold is holding me back somewhat...

Dave

big hp
26-03-2008, 20:19
when i fitted my manifold to my williams i felt it worked well. Dyno proved it too. Definately worth it IMO.

richy
26-03-2008, 20:22
ive had both willy and 16v fitment and the flange is only noticable difference as jay said, made a notiable difference to my 16v over std 1.8 crap!

made a difference to williams aswell but i had just fitted a big valve/ported head at time so cant say exactly how much on that one!

number1
26-03-2008, 20:23
Im hearing mixed reports on them, dont know weather the money would be better spent on summat else, coilovers, brake upgrade etc.... cars got heaps of torque down low, seems to tail off at 6.4k...
Have got a ported valver head, valver fast road cams, 2ltr bottom end and decat mongoose system gunnerchip etc

speed
26-03-2008, 23:20
im in the same situation as you nbr1, my hybrid is running valver system, i was going to get a williams or megane mani and have a d/pipe fabricated, but the messing around trying to sorce parts etc i may just get a valver s/sprint just bolt up to the powerflow system job done, im waiting till after a rr sesion tho so i can compare

number1
26-03-2008, 23:34
Ive got a megane manifold and downpipe here, im considering having it modified to fit, but know what garages are like when you ask them to do that kinda work, Think i might sell it and put the money towards a supersprint, just had a tax rebate and feel like treating myself :)

Dave

Allan
27-03-2008, 00:30
get it mapped, that gunner chip is not mapped for your car i suspect, so get a proper map on it

number1
27-03-2008, 18:55
Could well do, im impressed with the gunner chip, its done a bit, but seems to tail off at 6.4k, weird as it seems tho i tried my valver ecu when my chipped ecu got wet and there was a hell of a power increase from 6k onwards, it was just down low it wasnt so great and still wasnt as quick as it was with the gunnerchip

Dave