PDA

View Full Version : Magnecor 8mm Leads

Rudders16v
15-06-2005, 10:06
What are peopls opinions on these?

As my Clio is very nearly due it's service, thought i might take my magnecor leads of my 19 16v and put onto the Clio if they're better than standard? They've only done about 500 miles on my 19 so almost like new.

I'll just have to check they're the same fitment but i;d guess they are

Daz
15-06-2005, 11:33
I have Magnacor leads - they work, heh.

Got them from HillPower (Williams Service Kit, Plugs, Leads, Dizzy Cap and Rotor Arm).

http://www.dazjw.eclipse.co.uk/cars/williams2/overhaul/pictures/stage7/pic4.jpg

2 live
15-06-2005, 11:52
yep i have magnecore leads also....dont think they make any diff to performance like......but they blue lol

Rudders16v
15-06-2005, 12:35
Yeah they are blue, thats the only reason i bought them for my 19, never drive it hard though to know if they made a differance.

What the hell, i'll have to buy a set of leads for the clio anyway, so might just put the Magnecor's on the Clio, and the old Clio leads onto the 19

dannyt
15-06-2005, 12:39
same as 2live, no difference in performance but cheaper than reno ones!!!

Winston
15-06-2005, 13:38
I bought mine because they come with a life time gurantee ....and because they were blue :P

Lunner
15-06-2005, 19:09
Got mine bacuse tehy had a good repuattion, only wanted the 7mm ones but they were outa stick, so got a decent price on the 8mm ones, mine are red

BRUN
16-06-2005, 00:50
ive got them too, ive put a set on every engine ive had, very good quality leads

Nick Hill
16-06-2005, 20:11
Not just because (but also) I sell an ignition ovehaul kit I would strongly recommend that you keep up maintainance of these parts. I see many cars in the workshop which have caps, leads and rotor arms that have never been off in the life of the car and this can lead to a lack in performance idle problems and all sorts.
If you are looking for more power from mods the most sensible thing to do first is make sure you ignition system is in good shape. Its unlikley you will notice much of a gain in power but it all helps and is the best basis to start. You will more than likeley put new leads cap r/arm plugs in from any manufacurer and will benifit.
Many years ago I did a spark plug test on our dyno for Fast Car, The outcome. With an engine producing 146bhp at the flywheel the max difference in power between Bosch, Champion, NGK, Beru and Splitfire was three bhp at a couple of logging points.(You could put a boy scout down there with a match and get an explosion). We also ran some fancy American HT leads (about £250 worth) and only gained about 2bhp
We use a combination of Bosch plugs and Magnecore HT leads because I believe they give very good value and reliability. (here's just an aside for you about Magnecore. If you fit a set of 16v leads correctly in the carrier the Magnecore logo will always line up stright down the line, That's attention to detail associated with quality).
The other thing I would reccomend if you are looking for power and are also overlooked are injectors.
Most cars now I see are generally above 80k and many beyond. Over time deposits form on the injector nozzle that can affect the spray of the injector. A badly spraying injector can give all sorts of problems from bad idle to lacking in acceleration and down on power full throttle.
If you can afford the best thing is new injectors. Failing this either ultrasonic cleaning of the injectors or as we do run a purpose designed cleaning fluid through the injector under pressure. Injector cleaning fluids that are tank addative do have some effect but you need to buy a lot of the stuff to clean them properly.
With clean injectors and a full ignition service kit Yor car is going to run better.
I realise that there are many of you out there that maintain your cars to perfection and do not wish to insult many of you but believe me there are people out there who ask me for more power CHIP FILTER ZORST CAMS they cry and are willing to pay good money but not for a set of plugs leads cap r/arm and an injector clean.

START WITH A SOUND BASE

Goodnight!

KingStromba
16-06-2005, 20:14
:D

northy
16-06-2005, 20:30
some good advice there nick.....cheers mate.