PDA

View Full Version : 16v Engine...

u33db
24-03-2008, 20:55
A long shot but here we go;

Got a 16v engine for sale...its done 37k and is currently bolted to a stand in my garage. Head is off the block atm but it all turns over fine so really just needs built back up to be a good runner.

Includes alt/starter/mnaifolds/downpipe/hoses/tb/iscv etc...all the essentials really.

Downside...i'm based near Aberdeen so you'd need to come pick it up (about 3.5 hours away from the top of Englandshire)

Upside...you can have it for 50 quid so including petrol you'll still be getting a good deal. I may also throw in some other bits and pieces depending what i can find lying about.

Obviously if you're down in Essex or wherever it'll be too far but maybe some of the northern members might fancy it for the sake of a days round trip?

If it doesn't go it'll likely end up in the tip which would be a shame TBH.

steviewcopland
24-03-2008, 21:07
Is there any parts of the engine the same as the williams as I may take this since it's so cheap and near. :lol:

u33db
24-03-2008, 21:12
Hi mate,

the alternator will, all the hoses will...head will fit (altho the valves are ever so slightly smaller)...TB and inlet are the same i think...manifold downpipe will fit and give you more low down torque.

That probably about it TBH as the block is a different capacity...you could use it as a base for turboing tho! ;)

You can have the stand too for 25 extra which is as new?

Lunner
24-03-2008, 21:18
Block is the same capacity, its the crank and rods iirc that are differentm, defo crank, block is different tho externally

Danny-ACE!
24-03-2008, 21:25
:(

I want!

steviewcopland
24-03-2008, 22:18
Can I come and see it to compare some of the parts against mine?

u33db
24-03-2008, 22:20
Yes, certainly.

I'll PM my address etc accross in a minute...