PDA

View Full Version : williams hesitation

Maka@shakenbakeracing
24-03-2008, 12:04
Im off to the ring this friday and for some reason the car has developed a new problem.

happened twice in total, im driving along then suddenly the power dies and the car drops to below 500rpm.
Hit the accelerator pedal a few times it really struggles if at all to pull the revs up.
Soi i pull over to the roadside and it then revs to 2k revs at idle for a brief few seconds.
then just corrects itself and goes back to running normal.

I have had an oil, filter change and changed the spark plugs, o and the air box has a few drilled holes nothing major.

could anyone point to the issue if they have had it before??
im about to stick some redex i nthe tank and see if its dodgy fuel/blocked injector.

thank you all

MatBrown
24-03-2008, 14:47
Check the wires going to the TPS.

Mat.

number1
24-03-2008, 18:00
Mine was doing similar, the ecu had got wet and from what i can gather the aluminium corrosion (dust) from the ecu casing was shorting the ecu out and Causing it to run like a bag of nails, it would start jumping and kangarooing, it would idle but wouldnt run under load, took the ecu to bits, Cleaned the casing out and gave the circuit board a careful going over with a hoover and its been fine ever since

Dave

5_turbo
25-03-2008, 14:33
check the dizzy cap and arm isnt damp mine dun it last week pt a new one on it, touch wood seems ok now

Maka@shakenbakeracing
25-03-2008, 23:27
could be that the dizzy is damp.
has been a cold weekend

its not done it for past few days so fingers crossed it survives the ring this weekend....in the snow wooott!!