PDA

View Full Version : No Power?

Jesse16v
23-03-2008, 21:44
I have a valver with a dodgy manifold (only held on with one stud at the downpipe) and when starting the car it idles really bad (have cleaned out ISCV) and then corrects itself. When driving along its like the car has a vtec engine! when applying power its fine until you hit about 3k and then a dead spot, a few seconds later and boom the powers back, i can hear the manifold spluttering/leaking quite alot of air and the exhaust smokes quite a bit.

Could this be the cause of my power loss/idle problems? I have a new manifold to go on end of next week. Im guessing the lambda sensors are sending back dodgy signals?

This is exceptionally worse when it is cold and wet.

northy
23-03-2008, 21:49
it would be a good start to seal the exhaust up...u can loose lots of power that way!

Jesse16v
23-03-2008, 21:54
What shall i do to seal up the area at the manifold/downpipe connection? I get paid on Friday so i will put it in the garage to have the manifold changed over, how much do you think they will charge?

When your driving along you can see like a heatwave above the bonnet (like its leaking petrol fumes)? and its definately eating petrol it shouldnt.