PDA

View Full Version : Hid Pictures...

1995clio16v
23-03-2008, 20:41
Ok, well here are my pictures of my hid's fitted today.

Really difficult to get across just how good they are.

I know the pics are pretty pooh, blurred argh, but sort of gives you the idea

Before:--

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/northern_imports/BeforeA_Re.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/northern_imports/Before_Re.jpg

After:--

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/northern_imports/After_Re.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/northern_imports/AfterB_Re.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/northern_imports/AfterA_Re.jpg

I could guarantee anybody that buys these wont be dissappointed

I bought mine from ebay, uk company.

I dont know wether its standard issue but on fire up they come on really dull and then flick into life really aggresively, looks cool.

Theres absolutely no delay whatsoever on hi/lo beam.

Not looking forward to when a bulb goes at £40 a pop though!

These are 8k, pictures show them as ridiculously blue but theyre arent as blue as the pics make them out to be.

Im a very happy chappy

:P

Coops
24-03-2008, 01:25
bit blue :P :wink:

thelynx
24-03-2008, 01:43
£40 for a bulb!! fook me :shock:

1995clio16v
24-03-2008, 14:37
bit blue :P :wink:

I know blue aint your cuppa tea coops.

They really are ice white with a strong tint of blue! Not pure blue.

These hids are probably the hardest thing to try and describe, they have to be seen really.

Theres not much difference between hi and lo though.

Im very happy though!

:P

MatrixGuy
24-03-2008, 14:39
Are they legal? lol.

summeh
28-03-2008, 01:19
40quid for a bulb? bloody hell, hate to think what you paid for the kit... prob about 100quid? Get a pair of bulbs from china 10quid plus about 10quid postage.

Matty86
28-03-2008, 12:33
great, thanks for blinding everyone else on the roads

donsrno1
28-03-2008, 13:59
great, thanks for blinding everyone else on the roads

:lol: tbh they don't have to be blinding if set up properly. I've got 4.3k's on the hybrid and have had them on about a month now and haven't once been flashed by any other cars.

Matty86
28-03-2008, 14:10
very hard to set up HIDs in lights that have not been designed for it - the beam scatter in the above pics looks bad!

just because you havn't been flashed, doesnt mean you're not causing unnecessary glare for other road users

JC
28-03-2008, 14:32
Any hid bulb in a car without auto height adjusting headlamps, and specific lens and reflector (i.e. whole headlight unit) is technically illegal.

"European vehicles equipped with HID headlamps are required by ECE regulation 48 also to be equipped with headlamp lens cleaning systems and automatic beam levelling control."

for full information see this link.
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

donsrno1
28-03-2008, 15:32
very hard to set up HIDs in lights that have not been designed for it - the beam scatter in the above pics looks bad!

just because you havn't been flashed, doesnt mean you're not causing unnecessary glare for other road users

I agree that in many cases they do cause glare etc but as I say I've not had any problems with mine, and imo you can use them without necessarily causing glare to other road users. I have driven past quite a few people I know with them and when speakign to them afterwards they said that they weren't blinding at all, also driven past plent police cars without any problems.

As JC says strictly speaking you should meet all those criteria but I suppose its down to personal choice whether you want to do so or if you are willing to use them without meeting those requirements.

Matty86
28-03-2008, 16:07
the law is vague as there are some (jap?) cars that came with HIDs in non projector lenses... but they are designed for a HID bulb in the first place...

clio's arent :?

Anders
28-03-2008, 16:20
well whatever the legalities...

they look tons better than the originals...

1995clio16v
28-03-2008, 19:42
well whatever the legalities...

they look tons better than the originals...

:goodposting:

1995clio16v
28-03-2008, 19:45
I have had a couple of people flash me. I havent YET had them aligned in a light box.

I have passed 2 police cars in the last week since having them, and they haven't done anything.

To be quite honest im not bothered whether they blind people or not. They look cool (which is what car modifying is all about) and above all else IMO are a safety modifcation above all.

Until you have these on you do not realise how SHIT the standard halogen bulbs are.

1995clio16v
28-03-2008, 19:49
40quid for a bulb? bloody hell, hate to think what you paid for the kit... prob about 100quid? Get a pair of bulbs from china 10quid plus about 10quid postage.

£75 matey. £10 delivery.

I look into everything thoroughly before I buy to see whether I am wasting money time etc and there were quite a few posts on forums including on here about kits not working properly, hi/lo delays on switching etc

This company guaranteed non of those probelms plus if I had any I could just phone them up.

I simply took the lights headlights out and within an hour they were up and runnning.

Life expectancy on these is minimum 2000hours so the price of the bulbs aren't that bad considering the philips ones I had previously were £40 for the pair.

:P :o

Coops
28-03-2008, 20:21
i've not been flashed once with mine, no problems with attention from police or otherwise :P

simonr85
09-03-2010, 12:09
i think its only fair that we blind the other drivers back, im really contemplating a set as i get well annoyed when being blinded by a chelsea tractor sat behind me at the traffic lights, with the height of the clio being so low, and the chelsea tractor being so high the lights are always straight in my eyes

was looking at a set of these on demon tweeks, quite cheap but illegal

but dont GSF do cheap headlights for MOT time to replace so they pass?

Coops
09-03-2010, 12:55
dont need to swap whole headlights, just pop std bulbs back in

mine passed with HID's fitted, if they are setup right for beam angle and height and aren't wrong colour then they should be fine

Justin..
09-03-2010, 13:30
Nice, got 8000k's in mine, thoug i've got projector lenses so give a definate beam pattern. They kinda ping on and warm up so to speak

Coops
09-03-2010, 14:56
8000's may be too blue, i have 6000 but ideally want to get 4300's for more o/e look

1995clio16v
10-03-2010, 00:08
Nice, got 8000k's in mine, thoug i've got projector lenses so give a definate beam pattern.

Please tell me more.... :D

I remember the heated debate on these with Matty, and he is right about the scatter being ridiculous (point being below), but if theyre set up right they should be too bad.

I have a Vauxhall Omega Elite with HID's which were supplied as OE, and theyre so much better. You can draw a line along the top of the beam against a wall perfectly, theyre just immense.....

PS - Simon will be in touch mate over next coupla weeks and you can bob round and see the 16v.