PDA

View Full Version : URGENT help on hid's!!

1995clio16v
23-03-2008, 16:30
Ok,

just in middle of fitting them

The instructions are total pigeon english

question 1

from the ballasts, one side has 1 +ve (red) lead and 1 -ve (black) lead and the instructions are telling to fit to battery terminal?? the other ballast has just 1 -ve lead which will no way reach across to the battery? i presume theyre not earth leads?

question 2

the standard plug that plugs into the rear of standard bulb (the 3 pin affair), can be connected up to one plug from the ballast on the hid's yet the other side has no where to be plugged into?? The same plug isnt on both sides of the lead from the ballasts, just one is offered. The new bulbs have their own leads and plugs so i dont see a use for this terminal yet on one side as described above there is the facility to plug the redundant terminal into a plug supplied on the hid's. I presume i can just do away with it even though it will still be live??

This is really hard to explain so if anyone could answer the best they could thatd be great

My head is mashed!

cheers

bradharding
23-03-2008, 16:34
I'd guess do away with it mate, but I don't know as haven't fitted any. Your black -ve's conenct them to a good ground on the chassis.

1995clio16v
23-03-2008, 16:35
I'd guess do away with it mate, but I don't know as haven't fitted any. Your black -ve's conenct them to a good ground on the chassis.

Ok that would explain the side that wont reach to the battery, so would you use the red and black on one side to battery and the black thats too far away, connect to chassis somewhere...?

bradharding
23-03-2008, 16:40
Yes that sounds good mate :) I would love some of these HID's. May have to get some this summer.

1995clio16v
23-03-2008, 18:57
All done and dusted, sorted!

**** me backwards/sideways/lengthways you will not get a better mod for £70, totally immense!!

Im ****ing well pleased, theyre so bright.

You think the £10 xenon bulbs are bright but these are just dont even compare.

Ill take some pics tonight and post up!

Bit of a bodge job on the battery connection cause of the ends not bein compatible

Might sound total pervert language but looking at them in windows you can see yourself coming and they just look so good, and coming up behind cars infront the light just bounces off the paintwork on the car infront!

Im one happy chappy

:P :o

bradharding
23-03-2008, 19:11
Thats the feedback I like to hear :D