PDA

View Full Version : Turbo gurus!

alex_e3
21-03-2008, 14:29
One for the turbo boys:

After much deliberating and bickering with the mrs whether to go for cams or turbo, i can happily say i've been allowed to go the turbo route!!!

However, not too clued up on turbo's to tell the truth, as i've never owned one.

Starting to collect bits already, just keeping my eyes open for bits here and there.

Just wondering about the turbo itself though - are they all a standard fitment? I'll obviously be purchasing one of BB's manifolds for it to bolt to. I think i need a T28 is it? Seen some on ebay, but not sure if it will attach to the manifold outlet, and if BB's downpipe would bolt to it either??

Any help of you lads who are more knowledgeable would be greatly appreciated, so i can keep my eye out for a cheap turbo.

Cheers,

Al

alex_e3
21-03-2008, 15:05
i.e. would something like this be suitable?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/garrett-T25-T28-Turbo-ONLY-DONE-2K_W0QQitemZ250227005703QQihZ015QQcategoryZ72205QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Obviously need to make sure that all the flanges are the right way round, and that you can put a hose straight onto it. But are both the flanges the correct size?

Also, are some water cooled and some oil cooled? Do they use the same passage way to cool, or are they each a different design?

Ta,

Al

Glekke
21-03-2008, 21:00
This wil fit perfect, as it's a T25 flange for the manifold, and a garret one, so the downpipe will fit to...

alex_e3
21-03-2008, 21:53
Can anyone else please confirm if this would suit???

Very tempted to find the extra cash needed for this if it fits - would be a very large part knocked off my list!!!

Coops
22-03-2008, 01:05
lookin at that one mate tho it looks fine, i never viewed the listing before pm'ing you :oops:

alex_e3
22-03-2008, 08:54
Been looking at it loads compared to yours and maxiboys turbo's on your project threads, and it does look spot on from what i can see.

Think i might get that at the price it is - cheaper than splashing out on a brand new unit.

Been doing a bit of research, and know how they work now!!!