PDA

View Full Version : the time has come

2 live
17-03-2008, 21:55
testing the water a little here, and it will break my heart.

but

0159 will be coming up for sale soon. yes........thats right.

probably the only williams 1 (bar 0001) that hasnt had any kind of bodywork done to it sinvce it left the factory. very very clean car, most of you will know my car by now, but money no object on any upkeep, all work up to now done by a very enthusiastic owner who knows these cars inside out pretty much ;)

whats it worth?? and any interested parties please pm me.

will have 12 months mot 6 months tax very soon. very genuine reason for a very very very regrettable sale.

northy
17-03-2008, 22:11
bloody hell mate....sorry to hear your selling.

Give me a call when u get chance

2 live
17-03-2008, 22:51
not as sorry as i am mate.....just cant justify having 2 of them now, and new house is more important. iv tried living in the car, but taigs gettin a bit big to be kipping in the footwell now ;)

talkingfish
18-03-2008, 15:18
sorry to hear about the proposed sale..... I would suggest somewhere between £4-£5k depending upon mileage.....

Daz.
18-03-2008, 16:43
£1500 :wink:

FlamingMonkey
18-03-2008, 17:16
Break it, I'll have the gearbox.

Sad news indeed fella, why are you getting rid of this and not the other out of interest?

Winston
18-03-2008, 19:50
Break it, I'll have the original Ph2 Grill

:shock: :wink:

Laine_16v
18-03-2008, 19:50
Is it 100% original? Ive got a mate who is after an original williams 1 that has be in immaculate original condition (he's funny like that)

If its had no paint on it, is it littered with stone chips? Original engine/GB? What tyres aswell?

Thanks.

northy
18-03-2008, 20:14
its got stone chips - quite a mixture.....as for engines and gearbox's im sure jon will be selling it with all the original stuff on right down to the airbox

Andy
18-03-2008, 20:19
coming out of retitrement soon jon how dare you sell

you need to pan 0171 first

2 live
18-03-2008, 20:58
the car will be completely original except the exhaust. which will be the powerflow still.

all std susp, air filter etc. the original engine will be refitted, along with the original gearbox that is still in the car contrary to common belief by some owners of oversprayed cars ;)

the car has never seen a bodyshop, period. also unlike some other cars owned by supposed enthusiasts ;) rob

yes there are stonechips, but the car is 14 years old nearly now, which is to be expected for a car thats never had a respray ;)

and laine...i know its for rob...so ud be wasting your time, i want the car to go to a good home, his money is not welcome in my pocket.

monkey. as for why this one. well 0051 will be staying as the track car, and a family car will be purchased, with a towbar of course ;)

hope that answers some questions ....however dubious they may be .

andy. 0051 and the new car will be ready to hand u ur ass any time soon ;)

Zollo
18-03-2008, 21:08
How come you're asking everyone else mate? I thought you and Jesus knew the value of all Willies already? (Bugger all, I think you implied)

:wink:

Tommo
18-03-2008, 23:25
It's a bad time to be selling, Williams seem to be going for peanuts at the moment for some reason so it's difficult to say a value, is putting her into storage not an option and wait for the market to pick up? Good luck with the sale anyway...

Andy
21-03-2008, 12:31
not been on for ages sheds are going for peanuts and this car isnt

i even thought aboutt the selling teh two to fund my house but dont think i can bring myself to do it lol.

2 lives in all weekend give us a ring not spoke for a while will pop up son

Jamie.
21-03-2008, 12:37
I know how you feel, I am going to sell mine now. Sort of lost all interest now after the crash. Don't seem to go above 4k.

Andy
21-03-2008, 12:53
need to be low mileage and mint for a bove 4 and then very rare people want to pay it think storage is an option for me soon

talkingfish
21-03-2008, 14:33
what's wrong with cars that have had paint???? :? :?

Andy
21-03-2008, 17:55
paint hides gremlins some say its hard to get exact match

can hide filler
crash damange

ifyour spending top cash would rather know what your buying

Daz.
21-03-2008, 18:59
I can't get into this no paint is better - If you have not had a car from new I can't see how you would have know if its had work in the past - if a car has been traded in most of them have had touch up here and a touch up there.

I personally would pay more money for mattyh's resprayed and restored willy 2 for example than say a willy 3 with low mileage paintless one that has issues a few scratches and chips here and there..

I also any good bodyshop can match paint easily - bloody hell mines had to have much more than I would have liked recently but you know what I'm like and I simply can't tell where its started and where it finished.

Anyway I'm just babbling now KEEP IT!! 8)

talkingfish
21-03-2008, 19:28
paint hides gremlins some say its hard to get exact match

can hide filler
crash damange

ifyour spending top cash would rather know what your buying

So the fact I has spent serious cash getting my car fully resprayed and restored is going to NEGATIVELY effect it's value???? :shock: I know I've had all the rust taken out with the restoration process - surely that's better??

Zollo
22-03-2008, 20:50
Yes, it is better mate.

If you have two cars in exactly the same condition, but one's had work and one hasn't, it'll be the original one that is more desirable. But if yours had rust, stonechips, scratches etc. then by having the work done on it you've made it more desirable than it was. Don't worry. 8)

2 live
10-06-2008, 20:21
not necessarily. anyone can throw a bit of paint at a badly repaired panel and make it look good.......a good original panel, whether mint or slightly tatty is better imo as you know the exact state of said panel. and your not looking at something thats been possibly tarted up cheaply in order to sell for a higher price.

but thats just my opinion.

btw ....0159 has been off the road since before september last year....took it for mot and it flew through, no advisories or owt.

car will be going nowhere now, change in circumstances means i wont have to sell her now.....woohoo. i a happy bunny again lol.

Daz.
10-06-2008, 21:20
Someone has to bite the bullet one days and put paint to car or there would be no decent willys running around - all the good ones would have dust covers over them forever.

I agree though I would rather have an untouched willy to start with but thats not always the best way - I think in hindsight I'd have picked one in my budget that might not have been totally original - mind you its done now and at least I know I'm the first person to have parts painted.

white16valver
11-06-2008, 12:38
I know it's not a williams but I'm hoping to get enough cash together to get a bare shell respray on mine at some point - seems to be the only way to deal with the rust and get it waxoyled properly. Plus, with the fact that virtually everything mechanical bar the engine and 'box is new, it'd near enough be a new car lol

I think if you're doing a proper restoration with progress pictures etc then it won't damage the value and may well add to it (a little bit) in the longer term.

2 live
12-06-2008, 23:05
yeah with pics etc and an honest salesman, i.e one that isnt too shy about admitting what work has actually been done. i.e oversprayed headlights etc with the owner saying its mint is a big no-no imo.

some arent as honest tho. ;)