PDA

View Full Version : Sold clio, got more rust lol

Scougar
17-03-2008, 11:10
So I sold the valver recently as I wanted a jap car again. just spent a fair bit on the brake system before selling the car, and the body was structurally sound, with no floorpan/sill rust etc. :)

Unfortunately the car I have just bought (1989 200SX S13) isn't so lucky. Needs at least patching up on the sill/floorpan and removal of water from the boot area to get through the MOT. Mind you, the car had been standing a year so it ain't so bad.

So what can be summised from this. late 80's early 90's jap cars used crap quality metal, where as although thinner in general... structually speaking the french cars are likely to survive longer. (Allow the same cannot be said about french rear arches ;) )

Gotta say, feels wierd driving this car now. The valver was really planted and chuckable. This car has to be treated with much more respect. Probably not the best idea to have it since I live in a little rural village with loads of mud/ice on the roads lol.

Basically, enjoy your valvers/williams. They may not have the all out power, but they sure as hell have my new car whipped in the handling department.

Matthew