PDA

View Full Version : Quick note on batteries

Scougar
11-03-2008, 16:14
Just to say, try and look after them, make sure they are charged and filled correctly with deionised water (i.e. maintain them), as I picked up a new battery for my 200sx (S13) today, and it cost £79, eek. Man they have really gone up in price.

The 'spare' I had was dead as a dodo as well, even after being left to charge all night on low. Don't ever fast charge a battery, quickest way to screw the plates up, unless of course it is specifically designed for it.

Matthew

Tommo
11-03-2008, 20:18
I've been looking for a replacement and looked on here http://www.tayna.co.uk/

Some decent batteries on there and not too badly priced...

MatBrown
12-03-2008, 19:07
Ha.
One thing i will never have to buy again is a battery!
If anyone needs one give me a shout.

Mat.

Daz.
12-03-2008, 19:14
Garage had let mine run down that many times while it was being fixed it refused to hold a charge - so they tried charging me for a new one! told them where to go - that battey was 18 months old tops and was always reilable.

white16valver
12-03-2008, 20:33
I remember that someone on here recommended GSF for decent priced batteries :)

hank3944
12-03-2008, 21:24
Dont talk to me about batteries :evil: I bought a new on from halfords a year ago with a 4 year guarantee, A year later one cell dies and typical me have lost the receipt. well annoying and halfords were not having any of it. Luckilly I have a mate that works at a scrap yard he got me one for nothing, will probably last me 10 years :lol:

jamesy
13-03-2008, 08:52
yes for god sake look after them or u will end up like me,with battery acid all leaked over your silly cone hoses and chrome shiney engine bay bits!grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.battery was only 2 years old as well.lol

Swervin_Mervin
13-03-2008, 14:44
Just had to get a new one for my dad's megane that went schizo last week.

£89. :shock:

Scougar
13-03-2008, 16:11
Ouch :(

Mainly the price of lead that has forced the prices up, but still that is shocking price!

Mine was 540 capacity on it for £79. Not that capacity really matters as such, just that's all they had and I needed one right then and there as I was buying a car and I needed it to start it :( d'oh! I actually brought a spare with me, but that was dead even after I had charged it all night :(

Matthew

Coops
13-03-2008, 17:48
try a 3 fold increase in the lead price on the LME since this time last year being the reason, its rediculous, we cant shift it at work as its too expensive for anyone to buy :lol:

white16valver
13-03-2008, 21:46
Do you work on the LME?

Coops
14-03-2008, 19:16
nah mate, work at battery recyclers, we use the LME a lot as we make a lot of alloys aswell as pure lead so metal prices are kinda crucial

white16valver
14-03-2008, 19:37
Ah, I see.

I went for a job at the International Petroleum Exchange once.

Was going to be on the trading floor being shouted at by wankers in stripy waistcoats.

I didn't get it LoL

Coops
14-03-2008, 21:08
:lol: what i do couldnt be further from that stuff, as said it all affects my work but **** ever having to talk shit about stuff that doesnt even exist, pisses me off that made up stuff about stocks that dont even exist mean people can pay themselves huge bonuses, whilst ****in over pretty much everyone else, well snide :lol: