PDA

View Full Version : Looking to change brake bias valve?

BristolSam16v
11-03-2008, 02:15
Since I've lowered the car, I've noticed the brakes have become fairly poor, Im running green stuff upfront with brembo max discs and fairly new calipers, and 2 brand new calipers at the rear, the brakes have also just been pressure bled.

Pretty sure its the valve thats shafted I remember having to free it up before with a lot of WD40 as it was completely seized. Also the rubber was perished. Now is it best to try and tweak the spring mechanism to give less to the rear brakes, or just buy a new aftermarket valve? Bear in mind Im not running the brake lines internally so if I bought a new valve it would just go where the old one went...

drsmith1979
11-03-2008, 03:42
is your car abs? if not i would buy a new one from the dealer or get a good one from a scrappy.. if its an abs car then they are circa 100GBP on special order via Renault.

donsrno1
11-03-2008, 09:39
Really you should adjust it after lowering the car as if its working properly it will adjust the braking so that more breaking effort goes to the rear when its lowered and you need to adjust is back so that you get the correct front/rear balance. Its really straightforward to adjust, I just went down to an empty industrial estate and did a few emergency stops, adjusting the screw on the valve each time till I got the fronts locking up just before the rears.

AndyFielder
11-03-2008, 12:44
rears locking up is better i think.. hence mine has been left.. just need to east off when the rear starts com come around... oversteer FTW!

MAXIBOY
11-03-2008, 21:39
wd40 kills the rubber seals. fit a new one and adjust it correctly..