PDA

View Full Version : Aux tensioner pulley problem

Wobba
10-03-2008, 18:37
Hi all, Wobba has questions!

The adjustable pulley on the aux belt: Says in Haynes there is a way I can use a spanner to move the pulley in to tension the belt and the lock it in place by using the allen key, which is how I undid it in the first place.

Trouble is, on mine there is no protruding point in the centre to put a spanner onto. If there is, then the pulley must have pushed outward somehow and has hidden it.

Not sure what to do...

number1
10-03-2008, 18:39
the allen key should be flush with the adjusting bolt on the tensioner... if it aint there i dunno where it is, stick your finger inside, someone might have replaced it with a smaller bolt to get better access

Dave

Wobba
10-03-2008, 18:40
I been thinking, and is it possible I unded the allen key bit too far?

Is it simply a case of tightening it a bit?

Wobba
10-03-2008, 18:41
the allen key should be flush with the adjusting bolt on the tensioner... if it aint there i dunno where it is, stick your finger inside, someone might have replaced it with a smaller bolt to get better access

Dave

The allen key bit I can see, but the adjuster bolt I cant see...if it's there then the pulley itself is flush against it...I think I will try tightening the allen key and see if it pushes the pulley back a bit so I can see the adjuster bolt.

BristolSam16v
10-03-2008, 19:30
The adjuster bolt is a 22mm (afaik) its not exactly small it shudnt go anywhere, and I didn't think it was a seperate bolt, isn't it part of the pulley?

You sure you're adjusting the right pulley, not the big power steering pulley? :P

Wobba
10-03-2008, 22:32
The adjuster bolt is a 22mm (afaik) its not exactly small it shudnt go anywhere, and I didn't think it was a seperate bolt, isn't it part of the pulley?

You sure you're adjusting the right pulley, not the big power steering pulley? :P

Yep. Im sure its the right one.

I cant do anything now due to bad weather anyway :(

BristolSam16v
10-03-2008, 23:13
If u look

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15481

the bit the spanner is on is actually like welded to the pulley i swear it doesnt move at all.