PDA

View Full Version : Williams getting warm

Smudger
07-03-2008, 17:11
Ever since my cold start temp sensor was changed i have noticed that the williams seems to get warmer allot quicker.

After a spirited drive the water temp and oil temp seems to reach higher than before. I noticed last night after a short 5min blast i can to a set of traffic lights. within a few seconds the temp needle was creeping up very quickly from the first bar to the second where the fan cuts in and the oil temp was siting at about 120 where as i struggled to get it to that level before after a long motor drive.

could this be due to the cold start senor being changed or is this something else i now have to look into?

one other thing aswell, the car now seems to be a bit sluggish, like the throttle isnt fully open. usual you can go up the rev range half throttle then floor it and you would feel a kick but now there doesnt seem to be much difference :?

sorry for all the questions lads just frustrated with it at the moment.

drsmith1979
07-03-2008, 20:56
could be anything, have you had a coolant flush when you fitted the new sensor? obviously as it plugs into the thermostat housing you have to maksure its bled properly. did you give it a good flush? have you checked your emissions? lambda could be on the way out.. personally i would reset your ecu by disconnecting your battery so the car can relearn its parameters.. think its 30mins but not sure

Smudger
08-03-2008, 09:36
well the garage where the work was carried out is spot on and i would have thought they would have checked that but who knows.

Ill do the ECU reset though

cheers