PDA

View Full Version : Cam Shaft Oil Seal

mike16valver
06-03-2008, 11:23
Got abit of an oil leak from Valver Engine,

Discovered its the Cam shaft oil seal, its pointless just replacing the C.S.O.S.

But is it a hard job to replace, not bothered about time consumin,

Is there anything to look out for, Do you need sealing agent PLUS the C.S.O.S to keep it in place, IIRC Haynes Manual sed somthing alike..

Cheers
Mike

MicKPM
06-03-2008, 11:29
Timing belt & pulley off, loosen the carrier on the cam in question, slide old seal out. Replace seal and reverse the process.

You don't need any additional sealing agents.

Are you 100% sure it's deffo the CSOS and not the actual cam carrier or cover that's causing the leak?

Mink

Chris H
06-03-2008, 11:31
get the belt cover off, crack off the cam pulley bolt, remove the pulley, hook out old seal put in new one.

Job jobbed

although tbh the only time I have seen them leak is when people put the small ones in when they should be the big ones and then fill the gap with silicone.

mike16valver
06-03-2008, 11:34
Thanks for the speedy Rply MickKPM,

Didn't no it was as simple as that (figuratively speaking), lol.

85% sure that it is C.S.O.S, i won't really no until the weekend TBO,

What makes you say Cam Carrier / Cover, are they also known for a common faults around this area..?

Mike

mike16valver
06-03-2008, 11:36
get the belt cover off, crack off the cam pulley bolt, remove the pulley, hook out old seal put in new one.

Job jobbed

although tbh the only time I have seen them leak is when people put the small ones in when they should be the big ones and then fill the gap with silicone.

POINT !!!

Can you or anyone here get the correct Part No. for the right Valver Kit ph2 M reg.

Mike

Chris H
06-03-2008, 11:38
you don't need to touch the cam carrier matey. Just oil up the seal and chap it in.

As for the seal size, could be either luck of the draw my man, luck of the draw.

mike16valver
06-03-2008, 11:41
you don't need to touch the cam carrier matey. Just oil up the seal and chap it in.

As for the seal size, could be either luck of the draw my man, luck of the draw.

Typical Reno. :roll:

Thanks for the help guys.

Mike

MAXIBOY
06-03-2008, 22:48
theres only two sizes buy both return the unused ones :D