PDA

View Full Version : Loomin up Loomin up?

Brealbags
05-03-2008, 21:23
Hi chaps just at the end of rebuilding my valver engine after a certain piston ring related problem.
Before i try and attach the wiring loom up (which just looks like a massive pile of pointless wires) has any1 got any tips on how to do this or any diagrams/pics i can follow. i just wanna make sure all the connections are in the right place and stuff.

obviously i can identify the ecu, battery terms and injector clips. just wanna get everything else right.

cheers lads

Rich
05-03-2008, 21:25
everything is obvious when you plug it in mate. nearly all plugs will only go on one thing anyway :wink:

Brealbags
05-03-2008, 21:29
ok i suppose, ive not got gearbox on yet ill be giving it a go this week and hopefully running at weekend. :D been doing the bastard thing for months. i just know ill find that i need various clips and things that ive broken

Chris H
06-03-2008, 10:27
Hi chaps just at the end of rebuilding my valver engine after a certain piston ring related problem.

what happened? did it crack a ring?

Brealbags
06-03-2008, 21:10
no all the oil scraper rings were badly worn. i didnt know this until i stripped it obviously.
it was burning stupid amounts of oil and it was all backing up into the inlet and cloggin up the breathers and all sorts. After giving it a good run a few days after i bought it i had spent £60 on oil. most of it landed on the M42 lol
I had to keep stopping to clean the spark plugs it was proper not good.

northy
06-03-2008, 21:51
i would recomend retaping it with loom tape while its out mate.....u can check for any damage then

Brealbags
06-03-2008, 22:30
yeah i neva thort of that thanks. fiddly job tho, i could just test the wiring for continuity with a multimeter or probe. i think ive got sum wiring diagrams just need sum patience.