PDA

View Full Version : mortgages

lewis_willy2
05-03-2008, 16:11
the most stressful month in my life has been february 2008!!

me n the missus decided to buya house as we both changed jobs and got better positions.

we started looking at the begining of feb and got a mortgage in principle at 8%!!!!!

going to cost £1145 a month which i wasnt too happy about but as we are buying a house well below market value from a friend i worked out that it was affordable as an investment to get in n out.

well thinking over it i decided that it wasnt a good rate and wanted a better 1, so bored with nothing to do yesterday i applied with my bank, bit of a risk as it could have meant the other mortgage was refused but......just got a call. the new rate is 5.63%!!!!!

saving me a massive £334 a month. im soooo happy cant stop grinning.

just thought id share it as its a goal of mine to achieve.

lewis

MatBrown
05-03-2008, 18:39
I had a letter come through from my bank offering me 3.99% but i am currently tied in so no good to me at the mo.

Mat.

valver_Karl
05-03-2008, 20:18
ye quality m8.

i got my morgage aswell lol, im 20 now and got tied down with 1 when i was 19! got a 2year fixed rate at 5.25% i think :s works out about £760 a month then bills and counsil tax on top !!!! grrrr

but still in the makin a rapid clio,

well done m8, all you need now is a little'in lol

lewis_willy2
06-03-2008, 02:42
well i got a puppy a few weeks ago, shes enough, and also building my clio. so lifes not all bad. the missus is also keeping her 182

happy days

J o n
06-03-2008, 14:06
I decided on a tracker as interest rates had gone up stupidly before buying... since then my mortgage has been getting cheaper and cheaper :)

white16valver
06-03-2008, 18:55
8%!! :shock:

What did you get in the end? Interest only? Repayment?

lewis_willy2
07-03-2008, 02:19
ye 8% and i was just about to sign the papers on it aswell, i just thought b@llox im gonna try my bank. what a relief, it payed off!!!

got interest only for the 1st year to get ourselves settled

Daz.
07-03-2008, 08:16
We got told (`me and the fiancee) that we could have an obscene amount of money for a mortgage (based on our current wages)

Can't remember the interest rate off the top of my head but it was around the 5% mark

Might try some more banks first! That was with the Halifax by the way...