PDA

View Full Version : Cars in the Bodyshop..........

dannyt
14-06-2005, 08:03
But can anyone guess what it's having done???

Martin your not aloud to guess!lol

Danny

northy
14-06-2005, 08:21
hope its a good job danny boy.

I recon it will be having the full montey. (including engine out for its bay painting) :wink:

KingStromba
14-06-2005, 09:52
hope its a good job danny boy.

If it comes out shiny, at the next show ill be doing the full montey. :wink:

:shock:

big hp
14-06-2005, 10:01
Full repspray with a pearl flip, badboy bonnet and lexus lights.

Wheres my prize? :wink:

KingStromba
14-06-2005, 10:03
Diamond geeza paint job? :shock:

dannyt
14-06-2005, 10:45
Keep guessing, only person close is bighp!!!! :shock:

Swervin_Mervin
14-06-2005, 10:50
Full respray?

You fecking mentalist! :twisted:

Andy
14-06-2005, 10:50
painting it yellow

northy
14-06-2005, 10:53
well danny has to be going monico blue....hope your having all the windows out danny boy...dont want no overspray.

dannyt
14-06-2005, 14:19
Northy's right, Im going for monico but i don't know if the windows are coming out!!!

Im having the drivers side rear 1/4 re-done, with the dents removed, drivers door, drivers wing, sill and wing mirror covers!

Then when I get time Im going to whip the front bumper off and give him that to do!

I've not seen it as yet but it's a place my dad knows, so far my dad said he has flatted it down and filled some places I think, i think he mentioned some parts have gone to bear metal!!! :shock:

I might pop over and take a look tonight, but i think a lot of the trim has been removed, but hope he has masked everything else up as i don't like overspray!!!

northy
14-06-2005, 14:20
i'd go over danny....you can point stuff out if u dont like it now before its too late mate.

and make sure they know...paintshops hear what they want to hear sometimes.

Martin
14-06-2005, 14:43
Look forward to seeing it you bloody perfectionist! :wink:

FlamingMonkey
14-06-2005, 14:48
How much is it costing you?

Winston
14-06-2005, 14:53
Nice one danny ....It will look even fresher :shock:

Im going to send mine to cleans body shop in liverpool.....His goes in after York at weekend, see how it turns out :D

Swervin_Mervin
14-06-2005, 14:53
I can now tell you to get that driver's side 3.4 sorted then danny? You could see where a new one was welded in as the join was halfway up the c-pillar. You should make sure that's gone I reckon.

dannyt
14-06-2005, 16:02
I agree swervin, it looked crap and basically was a crap job of the door and whole drivers side that was why i decided to get it all done, plus the front bumper was is a mess!

I think ill pop down after work and take a look as it's a good point that northy!

FM - it's costing me £240 for the whole side and if I want him to do the front bumper it will be another £120, so ill either go to him or northy's place depending, but northy's is a little far away!

Now it's in though I want loads of stuff doing, spoiler, cross member, door on the inside, the other arch to stop any rust coming through!

It's one thing after another!!!lol

Only 287 made though!!! :wink:

VIPERONE
14-06-2005, 16:04
if cleans is a good finishi will be sending mine for a full respray.. Danny, can you get me a quote on a wing spraying monaco blue..cheers

dannyt
15-06-2005, 09:42
I went there last night to take a look at how it's getting on, and so far it's looking good!!!

The dents have been filled and smoothed as well as inside the petrol cap, seems to have removed any rust and filed it, the rear arch has been basically flatted down, some parts back to bear metal and then filled or covered in primer, the door was pretty much the same, with the main part which was where the paint had reacted looked smoother, the front wing was flatted down, sill had the rust removed!

The bump strips, door lock and handle had been removed as well as the petrol filler cap, indicator, rubber seals under windows. Anyway he basically told me it was ready for spraying and that it should be ready by Friday at the latest, which is good. looking forward to seeing the final outcome, but no doubt ill be wanting the rest of the car done!!!

Anyway touch wood everything will be spot on after spraying, then its just a case of getting the front bumper, spoiler, front grill and wing mirror covers sorted and she should be looking a bit better!

Pictures to follow!

Gunner - ill get a quote for the front wing and let you know mate.

Northy - the windows have been left in!

Danny

BRUN
15-06-2005, 12:43
want pics when its done mate !

in fact i could meet you somewhere, get my Poorboys back off ya and the cloth

dannyt
15-06-2005, 13:07
Yer thats a good idea, get martin and a few others on it if you want, I go away in less than 2 weeks though, so we might have to leave it till after that?

Brun could you get me a bottle of that poor boys and also where did u get those cloths from, they were good ones?

BRUN
16-06-2005, 00:57
i got the Poorboys from www.seriousperformance.co.uk

if it isnt on the site yet email the fella, his name is Alex

the cloth is a Zymol one, from www.vertar.com